Thread: Wobbly image?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Collapse Details
    most people will probably never use the 24p. It will be 1080i/60 all the way.

It will just be a effect that most people won't care about.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbert
    There are apparently ways to work around it. Put the HV20 on a commercial stabilizer like a Merlin and it will do great. It seems to do fine stabilized by a tripod even. But I just think it's a little far-fetched since this camera is aimed at the consumers who wants to shoot their kids' birthday, holidays and stuff.

Don't get me wrong, as a prosumer I would gladly just stabilize it with a tripod but as a consumer I personally don't see why I should spend those money on a handycam that doesn't work well as a HANDYcam.

My .02
    Couldn't agree more. I really wish canon would take a closer look at this.

3. Collapse Details
    How about somebody will take this problem and speak with canon? I would have done it, if i had one and could expalin the real thing. I don't think i'm to sure about everyting with the problem with the canon Hv20. Somebody how know the problem for sure, and have the camera should call canon..
    http://indiefilm.blogg.se

A blog about making movies! in swedish

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel
    Thanks Jason for your contribution here. If Barry is the Pana guru, you are the 2K one (your SI/Cineform camera rocks -- I've seen the clips and you have there a quite achievement, Congrats and Kudos) and you can have something to tell considering your experience with the CMOS technology.

A few minutes ago, I posted there on subject (but taken this your input only 50% seems valid, granted your point):

http://hv20.com/showpost.php?p=1097&postcount=45

Posting that example:

LINK

25p@1/25 where the problem seems away.

What do you think? Is the shutter speed a good solution to handle with it?

Cheers,
    Emanuel
    Good question. Although being forced to shoot at 1/25 at all times is very limiting.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbert
    There are apparently ways to work around it. Put the HV20 on a I personally don't see why I should spend those money on a handycam that doesn't work well as a HANDYcam.
    I think this camera is more exciting for an indie-film-maker than an average consumer. I would gladly use a decent affordable stabilizer with it.

Zim, what are you talking about? The whole point I want this camera is 24/25p! Its the reason we are all so excited!

6. Collapse Details
    A Canon rep here would be most welcome. I don't know if it will happen; I believe no official Canon rep has ever represented Canon officially on DVInfo, but if they want to come here and support our Canon users we'd be most glad to have them.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugitive
    I think this camera is more exciting for an indie-film-maker than an average consumer. I would gladly use a decent affordable stabilizer with it.

Zim, what are you talking about? The whole point I want this camera is 24/25p! Its the reason we are all so excited!

your average person who is buying a camcorder and the HV20 is a consumer camera will probably never use the 24p. I'm not talking about indie film makers.
    The average Joe isn't going to do a lot extra to make his vacation look like a movie. It will be a "fun" extra to use sometimes.

Now do I want to buy a $800 stabilizer to make 24p look good? No I sure don't. I would apply the money to the Canon A1.

I just haven't made my mind up yet about the HV20. By the time you add all the extra's up to make it work on 24p you can have a better camera anyway.

Now if your just using 1080i/60 it won't matter.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim
    Now do I want to buy a $800 stabilizer to make 24p look good? No I sure don't. I would apply the money to the Canon A1.
    They're different cameras. One is 4x the weight of another... Besides, an interlaced (3)CCD hasn't the same pic outcome than you can get from a (CINEMATIC) single chip CMOS.
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel
    They're different cameras. One is 4x the weight of another... Besides, an interlaced (3)CCD hasn't the same pic outcome than you can get from a (CINEMATIC) single chip CMOS.

I haven't ruled out buying the HV20 yet. I've seen some great video from it. The price is great too.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910