Thread: Swift Moves

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Looks Great!!
    Way to go !!!

2. Collapse Details
    Fun movie. The visuals and camera work were great. I'd go back and tweak your audio. It would bring up the production value of this great little piece even more.

As to the issue with the music you mentioned. I believe the problem lies in trying to use an MP3 file. Final Cut doesn't really like those. Try exporting it from Quicktime as a 48khz AIFF file and use that instead. I'm sure you'll find Final Cut plays nicer with it.

Good work.

3. Collapse Details
    I really liked the visuals of this one. The club scene was phenomenal. The story was, well, a typical kind of thing. Nothing wrong with it, really. The only thing I didn't care for much was the acting once they started talking. I think that was the weakest part. The music was great, especially for the club. The whole club thing kind of reminded me a bit of Collateral.

I didn't care for the title cards in between scenes, and I don't really think you needed them.

If I watch it with the sound turned off, it's really a nice looking bit of filmmaking. You should do music videos.

Thanks for screening. I enjoyed it.

4. Collapse Details
    __________FADE IN: I/E. NEW ORLEANS - CONTINUOUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Insane
    ... whenever we would make a cut to the audio track (mp3) in FCP HD a pice of it would randomly select a part of the song that wasn't supposed to be there. We wound up getting all kinds of crazy parts to the songs. Then every time we would fix it and save it, it would revert back to the crazy parts. So, essentially, we gave up on editing the audio to match the scene. I think this was a product of working with 24p on a system without the proper updates...
    FCP does not like MP3's. Open iTunes. Convert the MP3 to an AIFF or any Apple Audio codec (but I know you are safe with AIFF) use the AIFF instead and you will have zero problems.

Also, if you have already done a lot of work with the MP3 and don't want to lose it, then after you make the AIFF version, go to the folder where FCP imported the MP3 from and change the name. FCP will now show "media offline" or "media missing" for the mp3. "Reconnect Media" manually and link the new AIFF file to the mp3 file in the browser in FCP and it will substitute the AIFF for the referenced MP3. All of your cross fades and filters and level adjustments will remain intact and you will have zero problems again.

you can change the name in the FCP browser to have an AIFF ext. now if you wish, and trash the mp3 file from the folder or move it.

No MP3 for FCP. MP3 bad.

So this film looked really good due to what was in front of the camera and how it was lit. Nice hotties of both genders. Did not think the acting or story was there though. I hate to say it but it seemed like generic vignettes from the spy lexicon. It looked so good though that I enjoyed watching it. I think if you dug deeper for story and held the acting bar higher in casting you could rule the world.

Thanks for screening this. Again, great look.
    CLICK BANNER TO GO TO FILM'S VIEWING PAGE WARNING:THIS FILM CONTAINS VERY STRONG LANGUAGE

____CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THIS FILM *06/04/07:NEW SCREEN GRAB

5. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    I didn't really get the plot, everything seemed very unmotivated. Like the guy getting killed out of nowhere. But, you had the best looking ass in SpyFest so here's to your film! :-) The other chicks were hot too, a bit underutilized but nice. The bar scene was cool too. You've definitely got some style.
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry

6. Collapse Details
    nice style great looking cast..... see you next fest?
    Michael Petro
    Jacksonville, FL
    I am not a serious filmmaker, I am however serious about making more fun movies.

7. Collapse Details
    Visually, this was a GREAT looking film. I'd say that you had the hottest females in your film, but I've got a feeling I'd get in trouble, so I won't go on record as saying such ... ... but, you do have the most consistent model quality talent in the fest, that's for sure. The entire cast was gorgeous.

Unfortunately, that was their greatest strength, as I didn't see much in the way of acting/performance coming through, which also could have been hampered by the script/story that also needed work.

Editing looked good until we'd come to the title card transitions ... really needed to work on something that would better at least help the audio portion of the transitions to smooth the flow.

Back to the greatest strength on here; the visuals. The colors you had in your sets were also GREAT, the opening bar scene in specific just really popped with a multitude of vibrant colors, and not only was beautiful, but looked absolutely pro, IMO.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

8. Collapse Details
    My Thoughts:

Those girls were pretty smokin.

Im' jealous you had so much extra time at the end of your film for credits and outtakes.

/j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

9. Collapse Details
    Very photogenic cast, but no acting skills. It doesn't matter though, this short wasn't taking itself seriously, and that's a good thing, it kept it fun. I loved the club scene, very well done, beautiful lighting.

10. Collapse Details
    Hey
    Talking
    You really set the bar off Mike but I would still like to stay on as Set Production HAHAHAHA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123