I went to the Best Buy and ask if they were going to get the HV20. He said they had some but they were not going to be out for a week, but he could sell me one. $1,099.
I told him I'd wait till I can play with one that was hooked up. But he did take one out of the box and let me look at it. It is small but it doesn't look cheap.
Just a few questions:
1. Can you record 24p in all modes like TV. Or does it have to be in Cine Mode?
2. Can you edit the 24p in something like Final cut express HD or iMovieHD? Is it a 24p in 60i? Then if you want to do a pull down you need the pro?
3. Can you record HDV 24p downconvert to DV then edit in a older FInal Cut Pro?
4. Do you like this camera?
Thread: HV20 at the local Best Buy
Results 1 to 3 of 3
04-06-2007 03:31 PM
04-06-2007 04:07 PM
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
- Dallas, TX
I was in a Best Buy today in Dallas and coincidentally they were unpacking their first shipment of HV 20!
The good news is that they have an 18 month no interest special that covers the HV 20 now....but its only good till 4-7-07 under the last national brochure. The interest rate deals come and go so check back.
04-07-2007 05:40 AM
1. All modes except for DV I believe
2. Yes you can edit in FCE or iMovieHD, it is 24p in 60i and you don't need FCP to remove the pulldown because FCP can't even do that.
4. Don't have it yet.