Thread: Ecclesiastes

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    as much as it's killing me to admit, i am really doubting that my entry will be finished for the deadline. in pre-production i got carried away and wrote a 15 minute film, but kept the spyfest rules in mind and came up with a story within the film that i could focus on and film an alternate ending for. however, after spending 20 hrs or so of editing over the past week i'm coming to the painful realization that it's next to impossible to create a coherent 6 minute film out of what i've shot. even with the shorter alternate edit i can't fit all the necessary scenes into a 6 minute structure. so unless a miraculous 6 minute edit of the storyline comes to me in my sleep tonight, i won't make this fest. after i get some sleep i'll most some more screen grabs or maybe even a scene of the film and ramble on about the experience and what i learned

on a positive note i am still 100% committed to finishing the 15minute version of the film and already have a local premiere planned in July

2. Collapse Details
    Chris, hopefully you can find that 6 minute cut ... would be a shame not to see you enter after all of this hard work. That said, I understand the trials & tribulations of trying to get a solid cut out of something that was created to be much longer. Best to you on that.

With regards to your Letus issue, on the first page, I'd suggest setting your zoom/focus on the camera while CONNECTED to your computer. Your computer is showing the full overscan, which is what is also seen on other people's computers and/or when you do projection onto a screen, etc. ... so it's best to just set it for those, then you're safe for TV as well. What you'll need to do is zoom further into the ground glass ... you'll lose a little bit of your field of view, but at least you'll get into the sweet spot of the ground glass, and lose the vignetting you currently have.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

3. Collapse Details
    Bummer, I had this one on my radar. Make sure you post a link to the 15 min version when it is finished

4. Collapse Details
    im back! amazing what a night's sleep will do for some creativity. i've still got some editing to do, but with a few new cuts I've got a version of the film right under 6 min. sorry for the false alarm!

5. Collapse Details
    upload completed!

6. Collapse Details
    __________FADE IN: I/E. NEW ORLEANS - CONTINUOUS
    Hey congrats man. Will watch it tomorrow.
    CLICK BANNER TO GO TO FILM'S VIEWING PAGE WARNING:THIS FILM CONTAINS VERY STRONG LANGUAGE

____CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THIS FILM *06/04/07:NEW SCREEN GRAB

7. Collapse Details
    like how this was shot. story didn't do much for me but i still thought it was good overall.

8. Collapse Details
    thanks, the story is better in the longer cut of the film, but I'm happy with what I could fit into 6 minutes. your comments are appreciated

9. Collapse Details
    yeah, I thought it was quite a cool little short film.
    I'd be interested to see what the 'extended' version looks like.

The lighting was great. I really enjoyed the colors in the film.

Enjoyed the music as well. Love piano themes.

Where did you shoot the scenes with all the gun action going on?

I was wondering if you had any reservations or any problems shooting because of the whole Virginia Tech thing? We were going to shoot part of our film on a college campus, but after what happened at VT, we decided against it.

10. Collapse Details
    I shot the exterior part of the gun scene at my apartment complex. I went into the office and told them about the shoot and they were suprsingly very cool about it. I told them I would post a sign and I also posted flyers at the door of every apartment in the adjacent buildings saying what was happening. My apartment complex is across the street from my college so I used the old "Student Film" title to get more leeway. The shoot went really smooth and everyone who walked by was very nice and respectful of our shoot.

I was a little worried about the whole Virginia Tech thing, especially since my main actor was asian too, but luckily had no problems and so far no one has taken offense to it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast