Thread: Spy Master

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061
  1. Collapse Details
    Ted, nice work. I like that this film doesn't take itself to seriously, yet you obviously took producing it very seriously. Good for you for trying out a new camera technique. For the most part it worked. At times I felt it was overused and so it took away from the times where it worked. But, (as I gather from your comments) the purpose of the exercise was to see how it looked, and if you learned just how far you could push that effect, then mission accomplished, right?

Loved the iPod bit and playlist bit. Very clever. I gave a little mental "You go, girl" when she tried to hit on him. Overall, a fun film with great twists and nice use of props.

2. Collapse Details
    __________FADE IN: I/E. NEW ORLEANS - CONTINUOUS
    haha you guys (you and amy) are kind of SpiPod buddies ... SpiPod ... get it ... SpiPod ...
    ok bad joke

I agree with Amy's review pretty much spot on. Lot's of fun, sometimes the work was overdone, but just by a hair.

Really dug the crane shot at the top.

Thanks man, nice job!
    CLICK BANNER TO GO TO FILM'S VIEWING PAGE WARNING:THIS FILM CONTAINS VERY STRONG LANGUAGE

____CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THIS FILM *06/04/07:NEW SCREEN GRAB

3. Collapse Details
    Fun film. Liked the opening credit with the van wiping on the title. Enjoyed the ipod bit. Nice work in such tight quarters (I remember thinking, where the heck is the camera now? on more than one occasion). The scream was a bit LOUD!

Nice work! Thanks for sharing this.

4. Collapse Details
    Ted! That was pretty cool, man...

You had a fun story there and the acting was enjoyable to watch. And yes, definitely had some nice shots in that one. Good reaction shots between the two actors when one was speaking and the other was listening.

So when are you going to make it back to the west coast to work on stuff?
    Actor / Musician

5. Collapse Details
    My Thoughts:

after watching the film again, I think you've grown by leaps and bounds Ted! I LOVE the opening jib/crane shot. I'm a sucker for those too. The girl was the weakest part of the film and it really took me out of the movie. She did however; have a bit of the cute factor that I did enjoy watching.

The bus just reminds me of long road trips with my cousins so I couldn't help but to laugh what was going on in the back of the bus. I think the music fit the film and was over the top cheesy. I'm not quite sold on the midi tuba sound at the beginning and was a bit jarring, but the rest of the score tied it all together.

Looking forward to your next film! Keeping us entertained.
    /j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

6. Collapse Details
    Ted, sorry for the long delay in posting, but have finally gotten a chance to watch all the films by yesterday ... so been posting since then & today my thoughts.

I remember getting an early peek at one of your later drafts, so it was really fun to see the film unfold as I remembered it! Overall it was a fun entry, but if I were to make suggestions they'd be among the following:

I think the female character could have been more interesting & dynamic if she started off more like a Jessica Rabbit character ... so when she would be talking to him while she was driving, she'd have this unrealistically cool & seductive vibe going on as she stared into her compact, applying lipstick while talking to him ... or something to that effect. Then, as she saw the tables were turning and SHE was the one in trouble, it would give more range/diversity to her being in fear, out of control of the situation, etc.

That said, I think the male lead did a fairly good job at acting out of control & fearful at the beginning, and then taking command as we realized the tables were turning. Cute & createve use of the iPod, and not too shabby at all on the VFX!

Editing cuts could have been a little more effective, as we saw you in the window for too long of a period ...meaning, I think anyone that wants to get into a van & is banging on the window with a GUN in their hands is GOING to get into that van! Know what I mean? Didn't seem realistic to have you (great cameo, BTW, and loved the line which was a nod to your HorrorFest entry) banging on the window for so long, so if we cut to it later, or cut out sooner, it would have been more effective.

Anyway, marked growth & improvement, and looking forward to your next entry!
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

7. Collapse Details
    Hey all, sorry for being MIA for so long!!!

First of all, THANK YOU all for wtching and reviewing. These film fests are so beneficial.

I agree with everything that is commented on. Some that I recognized prior to entering and some that I didn't. I covered more ground on the learning process and (again) can't wait to apply them to my next film!

As for my next film... whatever the theme, I do intend to achieve more of a "film look" rather than my "video look." I do believe that I can accomplish that in a few ways (i.e. aspect ratio, lighting, camera work). I hope to continue to grow as a six minute, story-teller.

>>>>>>>>>>

I OWE REVIEWS to many of you!!! I watched all of the films, commented in a word program and need to paste them on your threads. HOWEVER, my computer is in the shop for some upgrades and I am stuck using the home PC (something I never use!) I do promise to post those as soon as my Mac is back!

While my computer is away, I am tackling the deck that I have always wanted to build! I have the footings dug (19 of them!) and cement poured. I hope to laying lumber tomorrow! (Then cut a hole in my house and creat a door. Don't worry..... I'm an expeience carpenter AND I AM DOCUMENTING THE PROCESS ALONG THE WAY! Expect a short filmn sometime in the future!)

Anyway, I really enjoyed watching everyone's films! Great job and congrats to everyone who contibuted!!! What a fest!

Thanks again,

-Ted

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore J Arabian View Post
    I am tackling the deck that I have always wanted to build! I have the footings dug (19 of them!) and cement poured. I hope to laying lumber tomorrow! (Then cut a hole in my house and creat a door. Don't worry..... I'm an expeience carpenter AND I AM DOCUMENTING THE PROCESS ALONG THE WAY! Expect a short filmn sometime in the future!)

This Old House with Ted Arabian. I like the idea.

9. Collapse Details
    Hi Ted! Loved the way you have used a ladder instead of a crane tripod. I am thinking of doing the same thing. Are there any tips you can give me ? From your experience in using it..
    Cheers!

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061