Thread: Spy Master

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Spy Master

Car Crane Rig photos here... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...713#post948713

Close Call video here... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...754#post945754

The Cop Stop video here... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...051#post940051

Ribs and Jibs! Photos with Jim and Arik here... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...692#post945692

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore J Arabian
    Here are a couple of grabs from Friday's shoot. (Yes, these we're taken BEFORE the cops came!)

In this set-up, the dvx is mounted on the outside of the vehicle using the rig that I created ( http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...48#post=936048 )

I used two (awesome) VIDLEDs with 1/4 CTO. They worked great. (thanks again, Chuck!) I will be posting some pix of the interior set-up later.

For now... enjoy the grabs. And if you haven't checked out "The Cop Stop," please do. I think that you will enjoy it. It's only 2 1/2 minutes long and 13 MB big... or small.

Thanks!

-Ted

BTW, my two actors are:

Arik Blanchard and Audrey Rouleau

FOR AMUSEMENT PURPOSES ONLY

Well, what would a Ted Arabian film be with a ladder involved???

This is my new (used) crane!!! I do have a Bogen 3191 (sticks) coming on Saturday but I couldn't wait to just test this puppy out!!! (though, the ladder does work well!)

btw, folks... this Glidecam Camcrane 100 ROCKS!!! (well, actually it is smooth and silent.... but you know what I mean!) This crane is so light yet sturdy. It just feels great. And I love that it breaks down into 4 different lengths from this 8'1" length to a 3'3" length. Perfect for those tight rooms!

I have to give you a close-up of the label here. Dave Steven at Glidecam has been SO INCREDIBLE to work with. I have mentioned in a previous post that Dave has gone above and beyond the expected level of customer service that I have ever seen! Emails are returned immediately and the service has been spotless! A great guy, if you don't know already! Thanks again Dave! LINK TO MY POST ABOUT DAVE... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...&postcount=290

more pix below
    Last edited by Ted Arabian; 06-01-2007 at 05:30 PM. Reason: change title

2. Collapse Details
    Bts & Grabs
    Car Mount Rig

I put on my Porta Brace rain cover to keep bugs from collecting on my camera.

This system is working well. The Slik tripod has a pistol grip/ball head and legs that lock in any angle, making it very useful.

I plan to shoot through the front windshield as well with the rig. I've tested the mounting on it and it works great!

Okay.... more to come...
    WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

My tripod set-up JUST arrived! (I nearly tackled the poor FedEx guy!)

Anyway.... I am starting to look PRO! (not that the ladders diminish my "production values!" )

Tomorrow, I will be placing the crane on this puppy!!!

YES!

One more package to arrive.....

Original NEWS.......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPDATE CONTINUED......

As I stated last night, I have a script. I am pretty happy with it and am going to find a few select people to read it for feedback and suggestions.

As it stand right now, the initial breakdown of the script is:

3 Actors (2-M/1-F)

4 Locations (3-EXT/1-INT)

1 Ladder!

.....more to come!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UPDATE 03 - 13 - 07

Today I wrote a 6 page script!!! Yes, 6 PAGES! Not 12, not 8 1/2 but 6! Hopefully I won't be struggling to get my short in under 6 minutes this time!

The funny thing is that the script is NOT what I intended or started out with. But like I said earlier, with a title like SPY MASTER, just about any story will fit!

Now, if this script "sticks" and gets the GREEN LIGHT, I'll soon be on my way to actually posting some real info!

And due to the high demand of requests.... I HAVE written a cameo for myself!

Cheers!

...... update within an update...... My wife just read the script and loves it! It looks like we have a go! woo-hoo!!!

>>>>>UPDATE TO MY UPDATE BANNER>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wow! Talk about an optical illusion! My banner looks like it is about to slide off the screen! It had a bit of a "tilt" look to it but now it looks like it is seriously slanted.

Really sorry about the obnoxious quality of my banner. I WILL work on changing it!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UPDATE 03 - 12 - 07

Woke this morning to a plethora of SpyFest stories! And I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

I spent much of this past weekend (including the lost hour!) working on my script. I have a concept and was able to give it a title but as for the rest, there is a long way to go!

However, last night, everyone of my dreams were filled with action-packed spy stories. Some were very exciting and am now re-thinking my story. Luckily, I feel that they can be woven into my script. In any case, I'll leave my title alone. "Spy Master" is so blatant, I can weave it in no matter what!

ORIGINAL POST (below)

Ted Arabian's entry for SpyFest....

Poster and Info to come....

Not a lot to add right now but just joining the party!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is known......

The film has a title and an outline. Script is in progress.

SPY MASTER will be shot in New England.

As it stands right now, I will serve as the writer, director and director of photography. I WILL NOT star in this film!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SPY MASTER will be the third film that I will have made. I am really looking forward to utilizing everything that I have learned in my previous two films and incorporating them. I have learned so much and such a short time.

I really have to give a huge THANK YOU to dvxuser.com, Jarred, Barry_S, the entire Mod Squad and all of the users here on this forum. I don't mean to sound cliche but this site has provided me with inspiration and knowledge. Without this site, I might probably still be sitting at home with my camera "talking" about making films.

Thank you all.
    Last edited by Ted Arabian; 05-11-2007 at 07:36 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Welcome aboard Theodore
    Michael Petro
    Jacksonville, FL
    I am not a serious filmmaker, I am however serious about making more fun movies.

4. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the club! Looking forward to checking out your film.

I think you should at least make a cameo.

/j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks Michael. Great to be "officially" on board!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgen
    Welcome to the club! Looking forward to checking out your film.

I think you should at least make a cameo.

/j
    haha! Most likely will! Thanks Justin. I do appreciate the welcome.

7. Collapse Details
    Glad you're onboard Ted! And I agree with Justin, you should make a cameo or something

8. Collapse Details
    awesome Ted, good to hear you're jumping in.

9. Collapse Details
    Hey there Geoff! Man, congrats again on your dramafest entry. I am so happy for you. I have gone back and watched it several times. Really great work.

As for a cameo.... I most likely will be in some reflection or something unintentional! I may put myself in it IF the script calls for it but I would really like to just focus on shooting this.

It was an amazing experience for me to shoot TTN and not even think about being in the film. But you never know.... I do enjoy performing so much.

Funny though, I have just spent a bit of time looking at I.D. (my horrorfest entry) and was marvelling at how I pulled that off. Just crazy.

Thanks again for the welcome, Geoff!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Harris
    awesome Ted, good to hear you're jumping in.
    hey, thanks Mark! I have to do this... how else am I going to get better doing this???

I appreciate the message.

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast