Thread: In The Machine

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    liked the cinempotography but the sound needs some major work..... at almost every cut i could hear the audio cut or pop out... it was really distracting and took away a lot from the atmosphere that you were tying to create. all you need is some room tone and cross fades and it should fix the audio problem....

some of the action shots were SICK! but most of the action shots seemed really slow and unrealistic, take for example at the end when he shows that he got the handcuffs off... when they reach for the guns it looks like they are casually looking for the guns... it was missing the urgency that i feel would be present in that kind of situation....

the acting was sub par....

but i did really like the shots an rack focuses
    Cody Hoerig
    Director/Producer

2. Collapse Details
    Hey man, good to see you got this one made!

I like the story. Good job with the script. The only performance, acting wise, that bothered me was the one guy who said, "You broke my nose!" The older guy did a good job and the lead wasn't too bad.

The things that I would work on is lighting and sound, but that's been mentioned. Is this your first short or no?
    Actor / Musician

3. Collapse Details
    It's my first short with the hvx and was more of a test than anything. It's my 3rd short overall (the others were years ago). Just wish I could get some motivation and keep going. Maybe doing a lovefest entry so I'll see what happens.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

4. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Some really great shot in this one! Some really nice "WOW" moments. I would speed up a few of the action shots and clean up the audio a tad. Definitely a winner.

Loved the transition near the beginning as well.

Nice work!

Mike

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

5. Collapse Details
    The fighting shots all seemed way to slow and casual. They seemed really well choreographed, so it would have been exciting if they were fast and frenetic. But instead it feels more like watching a slowed down rehearsal of a good fight scene. When they throw punches, have your actors really try and hurt the air when they punch. I think the shot when the main guy slides his arm up around the other guys gun arm and slams him into the door frame would have been really cool if the movements were fast and the actors didn't look like they were trying not to hurt each other. Do your next action movie faster and you'll get a lot of praise I think.

P.S. in the beginning when the big guy with the baton gets hit, he looks like he's just standing there waiting for it. He should look like he wants to hurt the other guy, or at least like he's trying to block the hit, but just isn't fast enough.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456