Thread: In The Machine

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Computer went stupid - lost a night formatting and putting my programs back on. Full steam ahead again.

2. Collapse Details
    Glad it wasn't a total disaster. I take it your media drive/s weren't affected, and hopefully you have your latest edit/project file backed up.

I do a save in FCP about every 5 minutes. Seriously.

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah everything was saved on ext. drive, I do it religiously too and also back up that save file to another drive. Such a pain in the a$$ though to put all programs back on.

4. Collapse Details
    Glad you got everything back online... feeling the deadline crunch yet?

5. Collapse Details
    Oh yeah, I'm feeling the deadline coming fast. I really need another after deadline but I'll see how I go. This short was good for me as it's the first time I've really done something with the hvx and brevis. Can't wait for the next comp now though because I'm going to put a lot more time in and I'll shoot it so all lenses are at their best and with good lights, that said I still think my entry should be alright.

Good luck to everyone - make that deadline!

6. Collapse Details
    Standard Disclaimer: I have yet to see a bad film in this fest. Congratulations to every film maker, everyone did a great job. All my comments and criticisms are meant to be constructive and helpful and in no way am I trying to take anything away from what you accomplished.

Good:
    The older guy did a good acting job. I liked the way you jolted right into the film with some action. Really liked the quick dolly shot onto the guy's face. Enjoyed the accents.

Not as Good
    : Some technical stuff (audio dropouts, interlacing/ghosting, the tape on the guy's mouth wasn't all the way on in one shot, etc.) I thought the older actor was the best part of the film, but wearing blue jeans took away some of the believability/ officialness of the character. Things seemed a little too easy for the main character seeing as he was in handcuffs and others had guns.

7. Collapse Details
    Hey chris f, thanks for your comment, really appreciated.

Yeah the old guy, Jim Kelly is quiet a good actor, I'm sure I'll be using him in the future. And you're dead right about him wearing jeans, my bad though, I didn't tell him exactly what to wear.

In regards to interlacing, the film was shot 1080 24pa, I just haven't had much time to play with getting compression ok yet.

I'm color correcting as we speak and getting those light spikes to look pretty decent. I'll post a final version in a couple weeks in the user films section, I think it'll come up pretty good.

8. Collapse Details
    Hey mate. Well done on getting an entry in. Still some work to do on the audio and cc, youll get it right.

Was Jonathan meant to be comic relief? As an aussie - the way he spoke etc and his lines - "then all of a sudden whoosh a big fn bird..... " I laughed.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

9. Collapse Details
    Good to see a fellow aussie. Nah Jonathan wasn't supposed to be comic relief but I'm going to get his voice over work and the line where he says 'you broke my nose' again (as well as another filler line there to make the scene work). The person who played him was out of town and got back after entries had to be submitted so I just had to put whatever I had in there. That flashback to the swamp will also become 1 steadicam shot now as I just got my glidecam 4000.

Only the old dude was an actor, all the other guys were friends of friends with only a couple days notice so they did pretty well.

How's Tokyo going? I'd love to go.

10. Collapse Details
    Good job on your film. I liked many aspects of it though I was confused by the "repeated" sequence.

I thought that the fight sequence had some great work in them but lacked sound fx. I wanted more "wham" in those hits! I also thought that the first guy to take a blow (with the head butt from the rear) needed an insert shot showing us a close-up of this. I missed it the first 2 times.

I like the sequences with the guy in the chair. Some nice shots there!

Liked what you did! Would like to have heard some lines better.

Good job!

Congrats!

-Ted

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast