Thread: In The Machine

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    In The Machine
    +++++++ EDIT: December 30, 2007. Here's a link to the final film, 52mb. http://blip.tv/file/568565/ ++++++++++++

++++++ We'll here's my entry, missing shots, fx all kinds off stuff. this is only about half way done, haven't even cc'd. Guess i'll have to wait to next fest now.

############ SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE SCREEN GRABS ############

CREW

Director: I. T. Wills
    Editor: I. T. Wills
    VFX: I. T. Wills
    Camera: I. T. Wills
    Sound: Stephen Holland

CAST

Bobby - Damon
    Ray Jnr - Jim Kelly
    Johnathan - Ric
    Brick - Dane
    Ox - Matt

To be shot on HVX + Brevis35 CF3 with Canon Fd lenses. Will vary between tripod/skateboard/wheelchair/handheld (haven't made a damn steadicam yet!).

Sound: Oktava MK012a (99% of it) + Sony ecm shotgun.

Last edited by tmnt; 12-30-2007 at 12:12 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Ok I'm finally getting off my butt as March has just passed me by. Will have script locked in next couple days. Looking at actors in the next week or two (probably using some fellas in town that do mixed martial arts). This movies' GONNA HURT to watch!

-- April 6, 2007. Script is complete, very happy with it. Storyboarding like a madman now.

-- May 5, Shot for about 4-5 hrs. Got most the movie done, have to schedule about another 3hrs in the next few days. Almost the entire cast, save the 'older' man Jim, playing Ray Jnr were cast either on the day of filming or 2 or 3 days out. Thank god for friends of friends.

Filming went pretty well. We went with a VERY basic (not quiet enough!) lighting setup. Pretty much using fixed 4 x 500wt lights and 2 fluros as practicals and one or two more 500wt lights for fill/backlight. I couldn't be fussy, I just had to get the shots. No expense was spared on effects either (1 bottle tomato sauce). And, as per usual, I threw my storyboards out the window. Hopefully will get to use my wheelchair dolly when shooting the next part, which works out ok as the start is more handheld anyways. Here's some pics, basic cc'd.

-- That's Damon top left then clockwise, Ric, Ric with Jim, Matt, Ric.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tmnt; 05-07-2007 at 08:57 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Ooooh, the Brevis ... I wanna see what this adapter can do in the right hands. I've heard good things, very good things. Best to you on this, tmnt!
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks mate, it should look very nice. I'll be doing vfx in after effects too. Spyfest - what a cool theme!

-- That's Dane playing character 'Brick' bottom left and yes I won't use this take obviously! And yes, it was THE BEST TAKE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tmnt; 05-07-2007 at 11:12 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Anything? The Teenage Mutent Turtle Ninja movie thing is coming out soon.

6. Collapse Details
    Hey tmnt, good luck! Make it about a guitar player...
    Actor / Musician

7. Collapse Details
    Can't wait for the turtles movie, man it's gonna be good (pitty bout transformer though, may be bad). I'm 25 and still collect turtles figures. Damn you eBay.

Ha, yeah Tommy. Maybe the spy has ESP and his code could be M350. Tommy, aren't you doing a flick?

Looks like I might go with a harda$$ spy for this one, trying to get my lead now, have someone in mind. I've never shot action so can't wait!

8. Collapse Details
    tmnt

Good luck. Hope your find the perfect leading role actor. I know how tough if is to get good help. Especially if you're like me and paying them with just a thank you.

I envy your Brevis. I want to get one of those. How do u like yours? how is the barrell distortion on the edges of the picture. I've seen some of them that look pretty noticable and some are not so bad. From what I've investigated, Looks like the brevis is the cream of the crop! Right?
    Last edited by ripupthehwy; 03-16-2007 at 08:24 AM.
    EDITING SYSTEMS:
    1) ADOBE CC Computer: Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Motherboard with i7 3.5hgz quad processor, 32gig Ram.
    2). ADOBE CC on HP notebook with i7 Processor, 6gig 4000 video card.
    3). EDIUS 5.5 on a 3.0ghz Intel Core 2 Duo & 4 GIG Ram.

9. Collapse Details
    Yeah rip, I'm in a pretty small town when it comes to film interest so hopefully this lead will work out.

The brevis is awesome, played around with it for a couple hours yesterday trying out different lenses. I have a 24mm canon fd and it gives a great picture with no real distortion. My 200mm zoom lense vignettes but I have to finetune the ground glass much better, it should be pretty useable then. Brevis is very quick to set up.

10. Collapse Details
    Tm, we're about 2 weeks from having our next-gen CF2 and CF3 imaging elements in stock. These will seriously improve performance of the adapter with your 200mm :-)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast