Thread: Official Rules

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land
    DVXuser SPYFEST Short Film Festival

Rules

...This is the first festival open to all cameras.
    Alrigh, then. I'm dusting off the old IMAX camera, baby!

John G.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkpot
    Is there still a "minimum post" requirement? If so, what is the number so I can get to work???
    There is no minimum post number to enter. There is a minimum in order to be eligible to vote, but not for just entering.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkpot
    Is there still a "minimum post" requirement? If so, what is the number so I can get to work???
    I believe to make one does not matter. To Vote however, is 100. You need 29 more posts to vote at this point.

(oops, Barry beat me to it)
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. (Tuco-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

IMDb Green Eyed Monster // Waiting 2 Die:A Veteran Affair

4. Collapse Details
    so i only need another 22 posts (whoops, 21) before i can vote this time around, looking forward to it

5. Collapse Details
    this is DVXUSER.com not ANYCAMERA.com! this is so freaking stupid... and yes im enteing... i dont know why seeing as no one will watch it/comment on it/like it

6. Collapse Details
    "Home video cameras... here they come! Regardless."

Don't forget that this includes those of us using 24P cameras of a different brand. To me, this is a great idea and finally stops excluding those who come here who don't happen to own a DVX or an HVX.

"this is DVXUSER.com not ANYCAMERA.com! this is so freaking stupid"

Maybe so, but something tells me Jarred, Barry, and the gang are trying to move beyond their own limitations. There are many people who post here who don't own a DVX/HVX (yours truly included) and I'm sure they're not going to be told to leave any time soon.
    Richard Rock
    Director/Cinematographer
    www.RickRock.com

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rock
    Maybe so, but something tells me Jarred, Barry, and the gang are trying to move beyond their own limitations. There are many people who post here who don't own a DVX/HVX (yours truly included) and I'm sure they're not going to be told to leave any time soon.
    I am sorry you own an inferior camera

Just messing with ya..

I know a few people here in jacksonville and asheville NC that follow this site. They do not own DVX/HVX/RED. I believe this site is pretty popular... I learned about it on dvinfo when I decided on the dvx people there pointed me here... thats pretty cool...So hey bring on the the other cameras It will only make this site better IMHO..
    Michael Petro
    Jacksonville, FL
    I am not a serious filmmaker, I am however serious about making more fun movies.

8. Collapse Details
    I'm really glad its open to other cameras. I've wanted to enter in the past but as I can't really afford a hvx/dvx I couldn't. I can understand not wanting 35mm entries to go up against dvx footage - though most voters (you'd hope) would be able to see past the improved aesthetic to the actual content. I'm in!

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rock
    [I]Don't forget that this includes those of us using 24P cameras of a different brand. To me, this is a great idea and finally stops excluding those who come here who don't happen to own a DVX or an HVX.
    Agreed. Lots of people who don't own a Panasonic cam come here for the community and the emphasis on filmmaking. What started out with all the momentum and critcial mass focused on the dvx (I am a former owner of and loved) has now evolved into an interesting ecosystem of very capable 24p cams for SD and HD.

I'm sure the majority of works will still be from the Panny faithful, but it'll be really cool to see fresh faces and different stuff from lots of heretics and pagans.

I love the inclusiveness. It's a great move.
    Last edited by Elton; 03-04-2007 at 11:49 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    sorry to be such a newbie but can someone please answer a few questions for me?

1. how to I register for the contest
    2. where do I put the movie once it is finished (online? or what?)
    3. any other knowlege that you can supply a newbie of this site who has never been in a contest here before?

thanks
    Last edited by dangal; 03-04-2007 at 12:39 PM.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast