Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Actually - we shot DVX without a 35mm adapter (though I'm pretty sure that our DP is pleased to have the question raised!).

We used coiled-up rope lights for the ring/halo light effects. Unfortunately, they don't seem to look quite as good on me as they do for Naomi Watts...go figure.

(Looks like we have a shared love of green-scheme, Jeremy!).

I

For myth is alive at once and in all its parts, and dies before it can be dissected * He is a man, and that, for him and many, is sufficient tragedy.

2. Collapse Details
    Cool. nice long focal length on those shallow DOF shots then cool
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

3. Collapse Details
    Love the 'hallway' shot. Nice grab, great color.

Is there a significance to the title? Or is it something we'll have to figure out when we see the movie?

4. Collapse Details
    Ahh.... good questions.

Yes and Not really.
    The title is significant, but you don't need to know why to get the movie.
    We suspect that some viewers will care about figuring it out and others won't. We decided early on that either way was OK with us - the title was more about the things that inspired us to write and to make the movie.

I agree re: the hallway shot - amazing what movies can do to reality.

For myth is alive at once and in all its parts, and dies before it can be dissected * He is a man, and that, for him and many, is sufficient tragedy.

5. Collapse Details
    I really like that last grab you posted, the canted shot of the woman and the man. I can see why Brandon thought it was a 35 adapter, I would have asked the same question. What kind of lighting gear are you working with?

6. Collapse Details
    "What kind of lighting gear are you working with?"

Hola all. The second 1/3 of Sea Shanty films checking in. We have a mix and match deal going on, from work lights bought at Home Depot up to a couple nice 2Ks (the "sun" in the hallway shot from "bailey" is a 2k at dusk). Throw in a couple 1Ks, some 500s and 250s, and we are usually good to go. What pulls and elevates this lo-fi operation together is DP/director David Brigham.

Excited to be a part of the forum and to check out everyone's work. Lots of good stuff here...

7. Collapse Details
    Hey, this is Sea Shanty Film's intern!

This is the first time looking at the finished product

So cool, it looks brilliant

See that water on that man's face? That's my water

8. Collapse Details
    Yeah - good to see you Sergio. Everyone: Introducing up-and-coming filmmaker and current unpaid intern (though he hasn't had to share his Glock yet): Sergio!!

One day we will all be working for this guy...
    Last edited by AmbassadorTex; 01-29-2007 at 07:19 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Hi there. I'm the other 1/3 of this here Sea Shanty crew. I'm really exited to finnaly get on here to thank you guys for your encouraging comments.

I also want send a special thanks to Jay Tyson who helped us convert the movie to Mpeg2 for the upload. He really bailed us out in a pinch!

As far as the question about the lighting:
    The indoor scenes with the two main characters had a Key light of 1-100watt equivalent florecent bulb, 1 coil of rope lights for the eye and fill, a 500watt halogen worklight outside, and a few wisky bottles stuffed with Christmas lights.
    It's too cerebral! We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamSeaShanty
    and a few wisky bottles stuffed with Christmas lights.
    Super-cool! I just read an article about Marie Antoinette and how they used all these Christmas lights and string lights and stuff to simulate stacks of candles, and the DP said the quality of light was awesome. I love innovative lighting ideas, and I'm looking forward to seeing Bailey in about 24 hours.
    IF

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast