Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Sea Shanty Films presents: BAILEY

Since it looks like people will come here either just before or just after viewing "Bailey," here's a small intro to the film and who we are:

We were inspired to write "Bailey" by a real-life event. We wanted to explore a usually-untold part of many stories - the aftermath - by focusing on two characters who have been completely emptied by tragedy. Can good come out of something evil?
    We tried to strip away everything but this very particular, very small, very volatile moment in a much larger story and then distill our visual language down to the most potent way of engaging these characters. We hope it speaks to you.

Sea Shanty Films is a 3 1/2 year-old production company based in eastern NC - mostly in Durham and Swansboro. The three of us have completed 2 shorts and 1 feature and have a short feature in post-production. Together, we have written, produced, directed, DP'd, edited, acted in, scored, cast, and financed all of our projects. As you all know, even that list of verbs doesn't add up to completed films - so it should be obvious that the three of us have been blessed with an extended family of volunteer contributors without whom we would have very little.

We put the post-production of our short feature on hold in order to participate in the DramaFest and are incredibly happy that we did something that, at the time, seemed like the craziest possible way to procrastinate. We wrote "Bailey" from late November- early December, filmed end of December, edited and scored weekends in January, and now it's here for all to see!

Happy to join the distinguished company - Can't wait to see all of the films here...

SCREEN GRABS
    -------------------

Last edited by AmbassadorTex; 01-31-2007 at 08:44 PM.

For myth is alive at once and in all its parts, and dies before it can be dissected * He is a man, and that, for him and many, is sufficient tragedy.

2. Collapse Details
    hey hey! welcome to club! LOVIN' the screen grabs. Anxious to check it out.

good luck!
    /j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

3. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the fest, and nice grabs.

Best of luck to you.

Jason

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks - we're very proud of this one.

Planning to work tomorrow to get the images and signature (title card) modified to be most efficient and up to site spec's...

For myth is alive at once and in all its parts, and dies before it can be dissected * He is a man, and that, for him and many, is sufficient tragedy.

5. Collapse Details
    WOWA!! Great looking film here!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

6. Collapse Details
    The banner is awesome. You've got my attention, I'm eager to see it.
    IF

7. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography TimurCivan's Avatar
    I like your composition in the Hallway. ITs difficultot make a normal HAllway look interesting. Good work.
    Cinematographer
    Sigma Pro

www.timurcivan.com 917-589-4424

8. Collapse Details
    Here's another grab that was hiding from my sleep-deprived attention last night...

And for introduction purposes:
    I'm only 1/3 of Sea Shanty - I co-wrote and acted in "Bailey." Matt Long and David Brigham are the ones most responsible for the outstanding look of the footage and the composition, etc. Matt co-wrote with me and directed - Brigham did the DP work and they both worked on editing.

We've worked as a trio on all of our films. Eventually, they will sign on
    here individually so that y'all can meet them...(hint hint, guys).

Really liking the evidence of community here (people working on each other's films in various capacities). Hoping to comment on many of the posters and grabs around here, too - we've been admiring some of them for months!

9. Collapse Details
    Looks like you used a 35mm adapter on this, did you shoot DVX or HVX? Thanks for the grabs!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

10. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the party! These are some nice grabs. I like the one with the man looking to the left of screen and the hallway. I'm liking the color scheme you have also. Are you guys using a ring (halo) light?
    :: Jeremy Tuttle of DTC Productions ::

:: DVXUSER Dramafest Entry - At the Park ::

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast