Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    not that but i was wondering if he used like a payment plan or something man that would be nice if there was payment plan.
    Director / Writer / Editor
    "We're like comparing paint by numbers to Picaso or Van Gogh..." - Jeremy Hyler
    http://www.youtube.com/user/spyderjch
    http://www.funnyordie.com/jeremyhyler
    www.filmlifefilms.com
    twitter: @jeremyhyler

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by overlandfilms
    That's amazing. Take some pictures of the lump on your kitchen table. I feel like a schoolgirl waiting for a new pair of shoes! Quit teasing.

e
    Are you referring to the grabs? Despite my disclaimer, I personally really love them.

I REALLY need that tripod and some lights!

And yeah, I don't mean to tease. I wish other people had this camera and had already posted footage and stills. Then I could just ask for advice from others and not worry about the quality of my own shots. Now I'm a little self-conscious of the fact that these will be the some of the first clips/stills that people have seen, and I don't want to post something disappointing that makes it look like the camera's fault.

But YES, more coming soon. Just remember that I'm learning the camera here with no frame of reference. Thanks!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by spidey
    not that but i was wondering if he used like a payment plan or something man that would be nice if there was payment plan.
    That I can't answer. You would have to talk to Silicon Imaging or your own financial institution. I would think that would be pretty rare in the specialized camera industry ... but you can always enquire.

I lucked out. I've been waiting a year to get the funds for an HVX PLUS package (lights, 35mm adaptor, flip-able monitor, etc etc), and wound up with some extra cash right around the time I was going to buy it. Then I saw the SI-2K. I would LOVE to own the HVX as it is an amazing camera, but c'mon, this is 2/3" and 2K. This is, spec wise, higher than some other well known 2/3" cameras! But it isn't all about specs either. This is the most film like camera I've seen in my research.

I'm babbling.

4. Collapse Details
    man i wish i could come in 13,000 grand lol
    Director / Writer / Editor
    "We're like comparing paint by numbers to Picaso or Van Gogh..." - Jeremy Hyler
    http://www.youtube.com/user/spyderjch
    http://www.funnyordie.com/jeremyhyler
    www.filmlifefilms.com
    twitter: @jeremyhyler

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars United
    Are you referring to the grabs? Despite my disclaimer, I personally really love them.

I REALLY need that tripod and some lights!

And yeah, I don't mean to tease. I wish other people had this camera and had already posted footage and stills. Then I could just ask for advice from others and not worry about the quality of my own shots. Now I'm a little self-conscious of the fact that these will be the some of the first clips/stills that people have seen, and I don't want to post something disappointing that makes it look like the camera's fault.

But YES, more coming soon. Just remember that I'm learning the camera here with no frame of reference. Thanks!
    Don't worry about it. We're grateful for anything you can share. We all know this is a great camera. We're just hungry for footage

If you don't have any lights, might I suggest using that huge burning orb hanging in the sky every day? All the light you'll ever need.
    "What IS your fascination with my forbidden closet of mysteries?"

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoTrancer
    Don't worry about it. We're grateful for anything you can share. We all know this is a great camera. We're just hungry for footage

If you don't have any lights, might I suggest using that huge burning orb hanging in the sky every day? All the light you'll ever need.
    That huge burning orb, unfortunately, is not so much hanging, as it is sitting on a massive layer of fog. Plus, I have no batteries yet (arriving next week, I think). But yes! I'm dying to go outside and capture some city scenes and head out to the park etc. SOON!!

7. Collapse Details
    I'm just talking about physical photos of your camera itself. I know Ari and his people are there to consult you, but a little "blog" about your exploration of Iridas and the system and lenses and workflow would be great.

This camera has me really intrigued.

e
    Erik Olson

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars United
    That huge burning orb, unfortunately, is not so much hanging, as it is sitting on a massive layer of fog.
    Curses! Foiled!
    "What IS your fascination with my forbidden closet of mysteries?"

9. Collapse Details
    I'll post some photos of the cam and gear later tonight. My girlfriend took the still cam with her this weekend.

I'll try to get a blog happening too.

10. Collapse Details
    If you don't have batteries right now, how are you powering the camera?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast