1. Collapse Details
    "The Prisoner" A film from Edgemar Studios *updated*
    A prisoner is being viciously interrogated by three agents. But is he really what he appears to be? Is everything really as it seems?

Written and directed by Edgar Smith

shot in 2.35:1 A/R on a DVX100B using the anamorphic adaptor/4:3 letterbox trick.

Starring:
    Eric (the prisoner): Patrick Penson
    Lead Agent: John Mark Nail
    Agent #2: Nathan Duff
    Agent #3: John Whitten

Principal Photography finished 1/21
    Rough editing finished 1/23

Production stills and poster to follow

eta: Here's a production still, screen grabs to follow when I get a chance to get back to the lab.

BTS:
    The director himself (accidentally splattered with fake blood when the lead actor missed a cue)

I think I'm going to be disqualified, since I'm WAY over 6 minutes (pushing 10 right now) plus during pre-pro it definitely aquired something of an action flavor. I guess we'll just have to see.

ETA:
    Raw screen grabs added

Last edited by anchoryanker; 01-25-2007 at 09:31 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Cool man! Sounds interesting. Looks like you're on the ball so far - Congrats!

3. Collapse Details
    Congrats and welcome to the big dance!!!

Good luck!

Any bts or grabs to share???

-Ted

4. Collapse Details
    Screengrabs added.

5. Collapse Details
    That first grab is pretty tight.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff_R
    That first grab is pretty tight.
    Thanks! I have to be honest, I only got interested in filmmaking about 6 months ago, this is my first narrative film. I did 2 sorta abstract pieces to teach myself FCP and I ran the camera on another shoot, but this is my first "real" film. I'm taking a digital video class at my local college, but it's little better than a camera operation class. I've pretty much had to teach myself everything by reading books (and threads on the always wonderful DVXuser website!)

I only got my camera about 3 months ago(from fellow DVXer "Hans Moleman"/J. Van Auken) and I've already put 40 more hours on it just playing with it.
    Last edited by anchoryanker; 01-26-2007 at 12:02 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Heya Anchor! Looks like you've got some GREAT stuff going on here. Your costumers did a good job, but your makeup people need a little more experience in blood usage. I know that head wounds bleed a lot more than other wounds but it's just a bit over the top. Also, it looks like a lot of it doesn't have a source, it's just spiderwebbed across his face so I'm not sure if it's all his own or if he's in the middle of a blood bath. Under the blood there needs to be some swelling (achieved by highlights at the point of swelling and darkening around the edges). Perhaps a cut lip would also be in order and some blood on those pearly whites. Think about a boxer after 10 rounds. If he's being interrogated then there should be a bit of research done into how he recieved each wound. The jeans look cut, not torn. (of course, I'm going way to far on the blood affect...but it's my only real complaint). Apart from that it's looking pretty freakin' sick Anchor!! You're avatar shot is brilliant and I'm ever so curious as to how he's out of the chair looking down at the camera. Catchy story idea as well. Let me know when you get it online - I'd love to see it!

zb
    "The only thing constant is change"