Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Mac P2 Store fails to mount volumes? Solution here

2. Collapse Details
    boy that engish translation is bad. good find. too bad it is just a workaround. But boy would I love a patch....
    And while they are at it, write a patch for p2 drivers.
    -Nate C.

3. Collapse Details
    Well, sometimes even if you see it in disk utility it doesn't mount...

But its good to see Panasonic looking into the Mac side of things... Now when is that firmware with the "flip"function, last clip deletion and additional gamma curves, as well as the option to trim and edit clips? ;)
    SÚrgio Perez
    Macanese Director
    http://vimeo.com/user1503556

4. Collapse Details
    As a precaution I use a dry erase pen to mark the number of cards loaded into the P2 Store. I'll write the number on the inside of the clear plastic cover so it won't rub off accidentally. If I transfer fewer than 7 partitions I can make sure all the expected partitions have mounted on the Mac when transferring from the P2 Store to my archive.

I got "bit" once and this prevents it from happening again.
    Dean Sensui, executive producer
    Hawaii Goes Fishing

5. Collapse Details
    Nice tip; I'm going to start recommending that too.

If you transfer 11 or more partitions then you can use the HDD Capacity buttons to see how many cards you've transferred, but if it's less than 11 there's not really a way to know, so your marker idea would certainly work (for those diligent enough to follow through!)

6. Collapse Details
    Here is scan of the P2 store UI version .01 that I sent to Jan Crittenden after a many card shoot day. And this was before I realized there was a bug in OSX...

7. Collapse Details
    I've found that simply ejecting any volumes which are mounted, unplugguing the USB2, then reconnecting often causes all volumes to show up - this on MacBook Pro with 10.4.8.

8. Collapse Details
    A remount of the store often does the trick of making all volumes show up, but that is really a joke. What kind of prefeessional work flow would tolerate this kind of sketchy behavior? The other day on a 2 camera HVX shoot, we were mounting and unmounting P2 stores on various laptops to get an idea of how many volumes were there. Sometimes 5 volumes would appear and other times 8 would show up. That's truly Bull s*%t and I think I might go out and buy a cheep PC laptop just have the peace of mind it would afford with P2 Media.

9. Collapse Details
    macs are rubbish. My portable USB drive would often show up under disk utilities but would not mount despite clicking the "Mount" button. No errors messages or anything are presented to the user so we don't really have anything to investigate on. My usual solution is to boot to WinXP via bootcamp and access the drive there(which is always visible). Then erase all of the cryptic files and folders that are added by OS X (files for trash bin etc..) leaving only the folders and files that I created. Reboot into OSX and the drive would show up as normal.

I hope my first HVX+P2 store shoot this weekend won't run into any OSX problems. However we'll have a WinXP laptop there as well
    Last edited by booggerg2; 04-19-2007 at 07:39 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    Am I correct in understanding that it's currenty a BIG HASSLE )(if possibile at all) to use the P2-Store with Mac Book Pro, i.e. the machines with Intel Core Duo processors? Is there a way around this or should we use a PC with Win XP.......???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast