Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I agree this is my favorite, i guess this calls into asian cinema. good lighting and the acting was good and you could tell the sadness they felt was true. Great work.
    Director / Writer / Editor
    "We're like comparing paint by numbers to Picaso or Van Gogh..." - Jeremy Hyler
    http://www.youtube.com/user/spyderjch
    http://www.funnyordie.com/jeremyhyler
    www.filmlifefilms.com
    twitter: @jeremyhyler

2. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Chiming in. Probably the most original image in the fest. I really like it. I also liked the acting and line-delivery. I felt bad for "Eric" when she asked for money, and when he couldn't say no.

That said, I didn't see a story at all. Didn't know who they were. But it looked great, dude.
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

3. Collapse Details
    no one mentioned my accidental 180 rule break at the scene when she comes in. At first it was never supposed to cut to the guy until coffee time. but for technical, unsatisfactory dialogue reasons I had to place it in to "cover up"- thank GOD I shot the second angle so at least I'd have something- but wasn't thinking about blocking and sorta broke the 180- but i think having already established their place, it's not so bothersome.

with that said, can't believe some of the comments here so far. thank you!

4. Collapse Details
    wow, this so far is my favorite. why, it works, it is believable. i love the line , " this is random." cool. i also agree with the above comment on how eric reacts when he is asked for money. great acting, not over the top, and the dialogue was well written too. i also like the way you had your actors move around, the pacing was just right. the toast popping, the coffee cup sounds. it all works real well for me.

nice!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi
    Probably the most original image in the fest.
    seriously??

Quote Originally Posted by hoz
    the toast popping, the coffee cup sounds. it all works real well for me.
    thanks Hoz. those are my favorite scenes.

6. Collapse Details
    yeah, i learned a lot from your film on how you can make so much out of one simple room. it is amazing how much you can take out from almost nothing. i like that. making the room a character almost, it seems the more anyone does that with the surroundings, the more the movie works. the more the film feels. i havent seen all the films yet but yours seemed to nail this the best so far. letting the room just "be". letting the characters do what they do, you showed a lot, i think you got a real good eye. thanks for sharing!

7. Collapse Details
    well, i've watched every single dramafest film beginning to end. i revisited a few and found myself in a struggle to choose between this one and Middle Man. 18 Seconds and Ajar were also close considerations, but in the end this film is the one that resonated with me the most. it's the one i couldn't stop thinking about and kept returning to. so i know i pm'd you to tell you this but i wanted to post it here too... you got my vote.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

8. Collapse Details
    yeah i think this the one im gonna root for I love it btw 180 rule is a old rule its ok to break rules.
    Director / Writer / Editor
    "We're like comparing paint by numbers to Picaso or Van Gogh..." - Jeremy Hyler
    http://www.youtube.com/user/spyderjch
    http://www.funnyordie.com/jeremyhyler
    www.filmlifefilms.com
    twitter: @jeremyhyler

9. Collapse Details
    This was a very nice film, for some reason reminding me of a Hemingway story, in that it was just a scene you get a peek into. But the fact that you had real scenes and allowed the actors to play off of one another really brought the world to life.

10. Collapse Details
    there is something special about this one. it stands out. the girl is really great. it is staying on my desktop in the top 5.

i would like to see a mac / dvpixl collaboration.

look forward to seeing your next movie.
    .“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose” -C. Bukowski
    keep it moving.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast