Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Just noticed you put screens up. I'm liking the look, I'm a big fan of "side" lighting. I like your actresses look in the first grab (she is very pretty by the way).
    :: Jeremy Tuttle of DTC Productions ::

:: DVXUSER Dramafest Entry - At the Park ::

2. Collapse Details
    I agree, side lighting is pretty nice. The screenshots are composed great, but I guess they do look a little dark. It's always a pain trying to grade something that'll work on consumer TVs and monitors at the same time. Looking forward to your entry!
    IF

3. Collapse Details
    *updated.

full cropped screenshots. awfully grainy.

this may sound dumb on my part, but after this shoot, I just decided that Letus wasn't for me and got rid of it for extra cash. Not only because my shots look grainy or dark, because it works great with plenty of light- just the handling of the thing makes me go nuts and I can't stand it.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dvpixl
    but just reviewing the movie over and over, I realized that the lights were not consistent. Just small disappointments here and there- overall it's a simple story with a simple dialogue sequence- I didn't want to die over it.
    That's cool, every project is about learning, right? And what better way to learn than watching your own work and picking it apart. Bravo. I like the look gained by the 35mm adapters, but I think if you use one, you've gotta have the production value to accompany it, nice lighting package, ability to use it in a timely manner, etc. So while there's definitely a time and place for an adapter, it's not a panacea for a better film.
    IF

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dvpixl
    full cropped screenshots. awfully grainy.

And they look better than before. I like this.

6. Collapse Details
    I like your shots, well composed. I like the side and edged lighting as well. The grain really isn't an issue for me, it doesn't bother me the slightest. Really, the only thing that ever bothers me is bad audio. I like your cinematography so if you're sound is decent, I'm sure I'll really enjoy your entry.

7. Collapse Details
    Jeremy, you said "side lighting" and others have used it too. Is it the unofficial way of describing the half-face lit look?

ignatius, thanks for your generous words and encouragement.

Mik- thanks!

Geoff- thanks for compliments but my audio will be bad. But at least I know why- I've rushed through the whole thing and there's no way around the refrigerator humming on of the actors takes except to sample the hum and place it as room sound all over.

8. Collapse Details
    My impressions of NOT THE SAME:

this was a beautifully rendered film. some of the high-contrast lighting was a real highlight of piece’s form. solid, solid work. even your complementary over-the-shoulders that comprised the bulk of the film were interesting.

this, to my mind, is a near perfect dramatic short. it’s not over the top, it’s subtle. it’s not a grand display of unearned emotion, it’s gentle and heartfelt and above all else: real. and it doesn’t deflate the rest of the film by servicing any plot contrivances. instead, it ends on one shot that defines an entire relationship with two seemingly mundane lines of dialogue. f*cking brilliant!!! this is my favorite so far.
    Last edited by Zak Forsman; 02-03-2007 at 01:39 PM.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

9. Collapse Details
    hasn't anyone else watch this one yet? it's great! i don't know how i'm going to vote for just one film.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

10. Collapse Details
    I gotta agree. Nice tone...understated and well judged. I got more out of it in the second viewing (which maybe says something about me)... You let the audience do a little work, which helps the experience. Top 3 for me so far.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast