Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Collapse Details
    I'll do my best.

2. Collapse Details
    Hi Dvpixl

Sorry its taken a while to comment on your film- this is my last one (but by no means least).

I really enjoyed your short; especially form the writing point of view. It felt like a scene from a longer movie but you really know what you're doing. While it wasnt technically up there with the best it didnt matter as you have real 'character drama' chops going here.

I dont know if this is a scene from a longer film or not (Im hoping it is), but you're definately skilled in crafting a scene, both in the writing and directing.

In my top 10.

well done.

3. Collapse Details
    thanks Darkline, that's a huge compliment.
    It's not a part of anything bigger. Its just a scene that came to me at night then finally finished writing at starbucks. As Mark Dog was saying up there about another short I did- involving the same male lead- with almost the same situation about money basically, if I make a third one somehow making this into a small trilogy of some sort- that would be interesting.

Maybe I will do the third short.

Here's the first one for anyone interested...

http://www.dvpixl.com/druggy_web.mov

4. Collapse Details
    hey dvpixl, the druggy short is pretty cool - another example of your cool lighting style. Young Yoo is a solid actor, he's a got a presence, something on screen that makes him watchable. He's great. So, if you do end up making a "triptych" of "needing money" shorts (which I think is a great idea!), will Young's characters end up being the same guy in each? I mean, is the character from druggy the same guy in Not The Same? Almost could be. Do you work from an official screenplay or do you have your actors improvise? Or a mixture?
    IF

5. Collapse Details
    hey ignatius,

druggy was a complete improv from both actors based on their cue notes.
    which was interesting because I was just shooting and trying to move with their emotions.

Not the Same was all screenplay- which makes me happy because I wrote everything on my own.

if I do a third one, I'll probably have Young in it as well. I'm not sure if he would be the same person - I did think about it though. The important thing is that the opposite actor has to be competely different and non related to previous acts.
    Maybe the third short will finally top it off as a real short film of a full scale story - something I can work towards. thanks for looking!

6. Collapse Details
    Just watched this and I loved it. Your actors behaved, and weren't reading. I believed everything they said (and didn't say). Loved it. Gimmie more.

7. Collapse Details
    thanks DUKE.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789