Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ericyoung
    Yes, would say the housing, connectors and attachments, although neat and tidy make it LOOK cheaper, sort of homemade and less "professional" compared with the Litepanels...
    I must admit that "looking professional" was NOT on the list of criteria we had set out to meet when we designed our lights.

I appreciate the comment though; it's all good feedback....and it prompted me to go outside on a crappy day, and shoot a little clip for ya. (Hey, I never miss a good opportunity to whip out the DVX! ;-)

Here's a 2MB, 1 minute, H264 mov file, that may put to rest your "concerns" about our unit being "cheap". Try that with your other lights...on second thought, maybe NOT!

http://vidled.com/destruction2b.mov

2. Collapse Details
    Got mine Today
    I got my light today. First off the guys at VidLED great, very helpful and made sure I had light in hand for my shoot tomorrow. The light exceeded my expectations. I often use a litepanel and this is very comparable. It may not look as professional, but the results are impressive. I am very happy with it.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by vidled
    I must admit that "looking professional" was NOT on the list of criteria we had set out to meet when we designed our lights.

I appreciate the comment though; it's all good feedback....and it prompted me to go outside on a crappy day, and shoot a little clip for ya. (Hey, I never miss a good opportunity to whip out the DVX! ;-)

Here's a 2MB, 1 minute, H264 mov file, that may put to rest your "concerns" about our unit being "cheap". Try that with your other lights...on second thought, maybe NOT!

http://vidled.com/destruction2b.mov

I thought I was the only one who did that with my VIDLED! I feel better now.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by icicle22
    I thought I was the only one who did that with my VIDLED! I feel better now.
    Once a day is good enough, preferably before meals.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by evinsky
    Actually it sucks, bite the bullet and get the real deal. The lite panel battery is far superior to the DV thing. The DV attachment is flimsy an balances horribly. The standard battery is worth every penny. If you can save $635, then save $365 more and get the full kit, you won't regret it. It's probably been the most versitile light in my kit since summer when I got it. I want to pick up a two light kit one spot and another flood.
    What kit are you talking about please?

6. Collapse Details
    What an awesome clip... Now that is professional. I'll be buying one of the vidlights after a few credit cards are paid off..

The guys seem really nice and I can't see a reason to pay 3x the price for the litepanel... and doesn't look "My" kind of homemade... I'd have duck tape, glue and all kinds of mis-behaving hardware...

Did you put that clip up on your site? Funny and a great demo....

7. Collapse Details
    Holy cats that's a tough little bugger! I gave a lot of thought to picking up one of these lights not too long ago, but since they were not available at the time I picked up the Litepanels flood instead. I also grabbed a belt battery and 4pin XLR power adapter to run it. It runs forever.

Originally I bought the spot thinking it would be more efficient (brighter) but what I noticed was some chroma shift in the beam it cast (more to the point, a blueish ring around the edge of the beam). With major diffusion it evened out, but the flood seemed to be the better option to avoid the color temperature issues you get with LED lights.
    ----------------------

8. Collapse Details
    Offical on Camera Light & Accessories LED /Non-LED
    This is Tom from VariZoom. I wanted to get a couple of announcements out before we head to NAB. We have a new LED light system for the HVX and DVX. It is an incredibly bright light that also has a dimmer control.

This is a new product we will introduce at NAB and begin sales in mid May.

This is a great little 4-LED light that allows you to use your extra HVX or DVX batteries to power. The battery mount clamps right on to the top handle of your HVX / DVX camera. We will also have units available for Sony and Canon as well.

Those visiting NAB please come by try it out. You will be amazed with the performance and the price.

Tom

www.varizoom.com

Pictures and specs below.

Description
    The new LS-2010 P camera light combines 4 advanced LEDs with professional optic technology design. The LS-2010 P offers the equivalent of a 40w output at 5600k colour temperature with a low power consumption of only 12w with low heat radiation. The LS-2010 can last in excess of 100,000 hours and requires no spare filament bulbs.

The LS-2010 P includes an adapter to power the light from a standard Dv battery. This adapter plate clamps conveniently onto the panbar or camera handle for a quick and easy power solution.

4 LED Light with Barn Doors
    Integrated Diffuser and 3200k Filter
    Shoe Mount
    Controllable Dimmer
    Colour Temperature : 5600K
    Accepts power from DV battery mounted on included adapter w/ clamp
    Power Consumption : 12W

Specifications
    LS2010
    Illumination 550 lux @ 1m
    Input Voltage DC 6V~9V
    Power Consumption 12W
    Color Temperature 5600k
    Weight 270g
    Dimensions 100mm x 75mm x 60mm
    Power Input DC input connects to included DV battery plate that can mount onto a tripod panbar or camcorder handle.

9. Collapse Details
    how much? also: does the 12w power consumption mean that these are 4 3w LEDs??
    heeeere fishy fishy...

10. Collapse Details
    Very interested!! What will the price point be? Cheaper then a Litepanel, I hope. I wanted to get a Litepanel DV before their April rebate is over...but I'll hold out for this if it's comparitively priced.

Also, where is the diffuser - built in or snap-on?
    Last edited by gilzoo; 04-16-2006 at 08:30 PM.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast