Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I got a Vidled, I am pleased with it. I broke it down to the fact that they are both LED lights.
    ____
    Mick

2. Collapse Details
    I got the daylight model and it works great for a minor fill light indoors during the day. I am working on a couple of gels to warm it up for indoor lighting compatibility. This is NOT a replacement for a good lighting setup. It is more for run and gun where you have no control of lighting. This puts some of the control back in your hands. It can however be used to as an accessory to a good light setup.

2 thumbs up so far!

3. Collapse Details
    never buy there batts, you can get your oun batts, all you need is a 12v 2amp rechargable batt and you can adapt it yourself. you can get a 12v batt for around $35 that will be stronger than any of these batts they give you. they come with batts and you can adapt it to what ever connection you need. www.electroniccity.com

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by willshipp
    never buy there batts
    ...never say NEVER!

Hey there.

We recommend three battery options, currently:
    1) use your own supply;
    2) the DPS-9000 - has the advantage of being able to attach on top of the light;
    and
    3) the Li-Polymer one.

Our battery packs are NOT up-marketed much, and we sell them cheaper than many
    other places.

We're also just about to release the same LED lights with a small battery pack
    INCLUDED. It looks like this:
    http://vidled.com/VIDLED_deluxe_360_1.mov
    (360 degree MOV file)

Just thought I'd throw that into the mix; but your idea of making your own [or
    sourcing your own] battery pack, is definitely a good option too.

Cheers,
    Marius

Vidled LED Lights

5. Collapse Details
    Like I said, I got nearly three hours out of one of those batteries. They charge a bit slow, but you get plenty of time out of them.

Yes, obviously these are for ENG-type situations, not for "good" lighting. That's the reason I needed one, because I do a lot of that kind of thing.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by vidled
    We recommend three battery options, currently:
    1) use your own supply;
    2) the DPS-9000 - has the advantage of being able to attach on top of the light;
    and
    3) the Li-Polymer one.
    Marius:

Great product! Thanks! For this community, at least, I think a nice way to hook up a DVX/HVX battery would be very welcome.... just cause lots of us have many of those, and charging systems for 'em, already...
    "I'd like to say that I've never come across two know nothing pretenders on the weird wide web before, but unfortunately it's all too common and is exactly why, according to the last government survey, only 5% of all internet users ever use forums or chats. And it's exactly why I'm done with this one. You two really need to get jobs and out of your mother's basements. You can't fix stupid. And I don't have time for stupid." -swoopie

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ullanta
    Great product! Thanks! For this community, at least, I think a nice way to hook up a DVX/HVX battery would be very welcome.... just cause lots of us have many of those, and charging systems for 'em, already...
    Thanks ullanta!

We've already made a DVX/HVX adapter for 3V and 5V use (for external Hard drives for instance):

And we're getting cables delivered tomorrow, that should allow a DVX adapter that looks like this mockup:

Both these should be online soon.

8. Collapse Details
    Excellent choices from VIDLED for sure. And their service is great. Trust me...once you talk with Marius and deal with him in person you will want to give him your business! Even if you can save a few bucks buying batteries elswhere! And just like Rush was with EVS, these guys are shooters and videographers....not just salespeople.

Anyway I can't see why anyone would want to use their HVX battery instead of the small one you can get from them. It weighs very little and screws onto the light. The whole thing feels like it weighs less than any "one" of my hvx batteries. That is what drew me to this product. No cables, messy connections to wrangle. It is one little piece you pop on the camera and go.

I love mine so far.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pkendall
    hmm.. doesn't look powerful enough and kind of homemade...the battery attachment looks kind of wack too..

litepanels.com has a special for dv cameras.. it's $635 (but only until 4/30). it comes with an adapter plate that goes on the back of the light so you can use your own hvx camera batteries.. pretty rad.
    Yes, would say the housing, connectors and attachments, although neat and tidy make it LOOK cheaper, sort of homemade and less "professional" compared with the Litepanels, which may be a factor with some clients - but I guess it would be a lot more expensive with custom machined housing and accessories. Would have liked everything in matt or satin black though to minimise reflections in reflective objects.

For the price of the Litepanel, you could get two or more of these as well...hmmm.
    Last edited by ericyoung; 04-07-2006 at 09:57 AM.
    Lighting Camera Operator/DOP
    London, UK.

10. Collapse Details
    When you start stacking all kinds of junk on your rig, I don't know that a client would no the difference. Look at my mess...

http://www.campusfish.com/Jeff/4269

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast