Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Offical on Camera Light & Accessories LED /Non-LED
    Thumbs up
    someone posted a website that had LEDlight. they were pretty cheap $240. they came in day warm and cool versions. didnt bookmark the site down and now i cant seem to find the site.. anyone know what im talkin about?

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    hmm.. doesn't look powerful enough and kind of homemade...the battery attachment looks kind of wack too..

litepanels.com has a special for dv cameras.. it's $635 (but only until 4/30). it comes with an adapter plate that goes on the back of the light so you can use your own hvx camera batteries.. pretty rad.
    Last edited by pkendall; 04-03-2006 at 03:16 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Actually it sucks, bite the bullet and get the real deal. The lite panel battery is far superior to the DV thing. The DV attachment is flimsy an balances horribly. The standard battery is worth every penny. If you can save $635, then save $365 more and get the full kit, you won't regret it. It's probably been the most versitile light in my kit since summer when I got it. I want to pick up a two light kit one spot and another flood.
    Always beg forgiveness, not permission! http://www.evingrant.com http://www.evingrantdp.com http://www.evingrantphoto.com
    RED #199
    HVX #69

5. Collapse Details
    Evinsky:

I have been keeping an eye on this light and it looks interesting. What do you usually use it for, an eye light? The throw seems too wimpy to function as anything but an eye light but perhaps I am wrong? Would you use it for tabletop or as a fill? Just curious. I love the idea of these lights but the HVX is no DVX as far as sensitivity as we all know so I would not want to waste the money on something that is mostly only functional as an on-camera ENG/event type of light or just as an eye light since the Arri 150 does that so well for a lot less money.

Best,

Dan
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by evinsky
    Actually it sucks, bite the bullet and get the real deal. The lite panel battery is far superior to the DV thing. The DV attachment is flimsy an balances horribly. The standard battery is worth every penny. If you can save $635, then save $365 more and get the full kit, you won't regret it. It's probably been the most versitile light in my kit since summer when I got it. I want to pick up a two light kit one spot and another flood.
    Evinsky, you've owned a vidled?

7. Collapse Details
    Yes. It has gotten some great reviews from the people who bought it. Maybe a review/ comparison?

8. Collapse Details
    I have a Vidled, the brighter one, and I've used it a couple of times already for some ENG work. Works like a champ. There's nothing cheap about it. It's very solid, the dimmer pot is not cheap. I've had three hours on the accessory battery they offer. Makes a decent back light too if it's not too far away, and God knows you can use gaffer's tape to stick it to anything.

The only thing I'd change is to include a gel to warm it up a little for certain circumstances (because that dollar is gonna break me), but honestly with proper white balance it looks great.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyjones
    I have a Vidled, the brighter one, and I've used it a couple of times already for some ENG work. Works like a champ. There's nothing cheap about it. It's very solid, the dimmer pot is not cheap. I've had three hours on the accessory battery they offer. Makes a decent back light too if it's not too far away, and God knows you can use gaffer's tape to stick it to anything.

The only thing I'd change is to include a gel to warm it up a little for certain circumstances (because that dollar is gonna break me), but honestly with proper white balance it looks great.
    Thanks Jeffy for the reply. I was gonna purchase one right before vidled closed for the holiday season, and forgot to check back until this thread started. I remember people asking for someone to bring an LED light to market at a reasonable price point. Vidled has done it and i'll be glad to try their unit out as it looks awesome.

10. Collapse Details
    Don't let the haters talk you out of it. I'm very pleased with it.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast