Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks for checking out and commenting <--beer

Am I entering spyfest.. yes I am. Contingent that I get the people in place. I do not want to do another 20 days make it up on the fly film like I just did..

here is what the originals looked like... then they where put through after effects 6.5 machine no mask no rotoscoping..

edit: the shot of zander in the window is almost untouched just a little CC Oh and i streched it a little cuz i was in the reflection.
    Last edited by Michael_Petro; 02-10-2007 at 12:58 PM.
    Michael Petro
    Jacksonville, FL
    I am not a serious filmmaker, I am however serious about making more fun movies.

2. Collapse Details
    OK time to go do something besides press refresh... see you film people later tonight. its time
    Michael Petro
    Jacksonville, FL
    I am not a serious filmmaker, I am however serious about making more fun movies.

3. Collapse Details
    Me and the captain(Morgan that is) wish you all good luck.. see you Monday night
    Michael Petro
    Jacksonville, FL

4. Collapse Details
    Hey Michael, sorry still coming around to commenting. I know the voting is closed, but this is the best part of this whole thing to me anyway.

In some ways, this is a huge step up from the last one you did for HorrorFest. It showed that you were really starting to think visually and letting the pictures do your work for you. I think if you are going to keep working with your family in film projects (WAY AWESOME BTW. When Aram casts his daughters, all I can think is they must think he's the coolest dad ever.), anyway, if you are casting non-actors, take another look at 18 seconds. I definitely thought the acting was the strongest part of that and if you really look at it, they are mostly doing NOTHING. And that is key to acting on film, I think.

So I think you can get a lot of mileage out of non-actors by getting them to be still and then take the pictures of them to tell the story.

Definitely start working on sound, because I do think the audio in this hurt you. Good audio can make any film look 10 times better. Or it can be a dead giveaway to the amateur act. So get on that.

Other than that, I'll be interested to see what you bring to spyfest. Your last entry had more actual narrative, so I'll be interested in seeing you start bringing the visual sense from this together with the narrative from that.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Harris
    H I'll be interested to see what you bring to spyfest. Your last entry had more actual narrative, so I'll be interested in seeing you start bringing the visual sense from this together with the narrative from that.
    weird, I said that to friends of mine who have seen both... If I can get the actors for spyfest I hope to bring the 2 together...

thanks for watching and commenting
    Michael Petro
    Jacksonville, FL

6. Collapse Details
    Nice work dude. Look forward to you spyfest entry.

EDITING SYSTEMS:
    1) ADOBE CC Computer: Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Motherboard with i7 3.5hgz quad processor, 32gig Ram.
    2). ADOBE CC on HP notebook with i7 Processor, 6gig 4000 video card.
    3). EDIUS 5.5 on a 3.0ghz Intel Core 2 Duo & 4 GIG Ram.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for watching Mr Rip
    Michael Petro
    Jacksonville, FL

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910