Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    can the aspect ratios glow for night shots?

2. Collapse Details
    It's an electronic viewfinder, it always glows
    Always beg forgiveness, not permission! http://www.evingrant.com http://www.evingrantdp.com http://www.evingrantphoto.com
    RED #199
    HVX #69

3. Collapse Details
    I hate to be a stickler for frame rates, but are you thinking of a flash option that could record short bursts of 60fps 4K raw? I don't mind shooting mostly in Redcode raw but I would like the option of getting 60fps at 4k without a huge RAID. I know Graeme was hinting at the possibility of having a larger bitrate Redcode Raw that could do higher frame rates. That sounds good to me.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard
    You can set an overlay of various aspect ratios over the image in the viewfinder...

Jim
    oh...why it would seem that I've been out of the loop.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Geek
    I hate to be a stickler for frame rates, but are you thinking of a flash option that could record short bursts of 60fps 4K raw? I don't mind shooting mostly in Redcode raw but I would like the option of getting 60fps at 4k without a huge RAID. I know Graeme was hinting at the possibility of having a larger bitrate Redcode Raw that could do higher frame rates. That sounds good to me.
    I think it's a datarate issue so that it can be transfered to the drives....unless we wanted to double the compression on the images to fit them into the 30MB/s datarate....which we don't.

6. Collapse Details
    How much loss in resolution is 1080p RGB compared to 2k RGB. I was really relying on the 2k RGB 60fps for slowmo stuff which is always needed on a production. Is there a chance that 1080p might go higher than 60fps now with a new mini-raid and all?
    Red #600

7. Collapse Details
    Oops sorry late at night and far two many hours with Panavision cameras and much fewer with digital.

8. Collapse Details
    Can we upload custom Alpha layers for our own gates?

(Yes it has its uses. For us FX people.) I've been hounding on this since the RED challenge and I don't plan to give up this late in the game either. A simple math operation (+ or -) on an uploaded Tiff at a very specific size.
    - Gavin Greenwalt
    im.thatoneguy[remove]@gmail.com

9. Collapse Details
    btw Jim, good work. More streamlined. I agree with Brook that rather than giving people every rediculous option under the sun they should be forced to conform to at least some level so that there's greater uniformity among REDone footage. It just makes things simpler.

10. Collapse Details
    All makes good sense to me, although I have to admit I'm struggling slightly to remenber exactly which combinations have gone! My initial response was "what about 2k scaled RedCode RGB at 60fps" but then I realised that the resolution difference between 1080p and 2k is really not that significant, so effectively it's still there.

Sensible streamling – 2540p, 4k, 2k, HD, much simpler.

Nick
    Last edited by Nick_Shaw; 12-19-2006 at 03:44 AM.
    Workflow Consultant
    Antler Post
    London, UK

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast