Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    DOH! I just sold my DVX and now shooting on the A1 also. Hmm, maybe I'll pick it up for all the other stuff.
    Twitter: jayscorsese

2. Collapse Details
    Damn ..

I wish someone would do the smae for DVX/Vegas ...

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ksadani
    Damn ..

I wish someone would do the smae for DVX/Vegas ...
    True- it would seem to be warranted. I think there's enough non-FCP info in there you'd still get your money's worth. We go into a ton of detail on how to setup for post and how to handle 24p footage to look its best. Some of it's very specific to FCP but a good amount is universal.

Noah
    One of 50 Best Websites for Moviemakers by MovieMaker Magazine: www.CallBoxLive.com
    40% discount code for DVXusers: dvxcbx20
    Good on all Call Box videos including Panasonic GH2, Panasonic AC160/130 and GoPro HD.

4. Collapse Details
    Glad to hear this. I just bought a Mac for Xmas and am making the move to FCP. going to order this for sure!

5. Collapse Details
    Congrats Noah, sample videos look great, looks very pro, and full of great info.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

6. Collapse Details
    Anything in there about combining DVX 24pn and HVX 720/24p? I'm discovering all kinds of workflow options with the Mac platform.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno
    Anything in there about combining DVX 24pn and HVX 720/24p? I'm discovering all kinds of workflow options with the Mac platform.
    Hi Geno- this disc is focused on the DVX100 as far as cameras go. But there's a lot of stuff in there that relates to what to do with 24p once you have it all properly imported into FCP that would also apply to the HVX on a foundation level. And it was shot on an HVX(on two actually).

-Noah

PS- for folks who have already ordered we just released to replication today with a priority track. I expect to ship DVD's by mid-January as promised. Looking forward to getting discs into your hands.
    Last edited by NoahK; 12-29-2006 at 07:51 PM.
    One of 50 Best Websites for Moviemakers by MovieMaker Magazine: www.CallBoxLive.com
    Good on all Call Box videos including Panasonic GH2, Panasonic AC160/130 and GoPro HD.

8. Collapse Details
    Quick update- we've had a ton of pre-orders and I totally appreciate the vote of confidence! I heard from the replicator that our discs were completed as of yesterday and were shipping in by end of the week. So we'll start sending out the first set of orders early next week and switch from pre-order to full order status on the site then as well.

-Noah

9. Collapse Details
    I know its designed for Final Cut Pro, but would it be relevant or useful for Final Cut Express users?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone122
    I know its designed for Final Cut Pro, but would it be relevant or useful for Final Cut Express users?
    Hi Stone-

I go over a bunch of production stuff that relates to setting up your edit in FCP that would still apply to FCE- for example how to slate your takes well, how to setup for sound, when to shoot 16:9 vs. 4:3 etc. And I talk about a lot of editing concepts that don't require you to cut in 23.98. So other than the sections specifically referring to native editing at 23.98 and topics like CinemaTools, I think you'd still get a ton of useful info out of it. And you also might gain some insight as to whether FCP might be something you want to move up to.

-Noah

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast