1. Collapse Details
    Movie Clip VS. Video Clip
    Whats the difference? The video clips play fine in vegas, but the movie clips do not. When i try to open the movie clip files it says "Warning: An error occurred while loading the project file. The file is an unsupported format." So how can i get these files to work in vegas? I really really need them 2. I've never run into this before. Thank you

Luke

2. Collapse Details
    What's a "movie clip," as opposed to a "video clip"? Where did you get it? What format is it?
    LEARN FILMMAKING -- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS of great tutorials - see screen shots, preview reels, and more

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jimerson
    What's a "movie clip," as opposed to a "video clip"? Where did you get it? What format is it?
    Ok, i just made a really basic birthday movie for a friend. Half of the stuff i shot myself (interviews with friends and family) with my dvx. The other half, were VHS Tapes that i captured into my computer using this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814144705

It was a lot of footage by the time i was done putting it all together. It had been over a year sense i re-installed windows on my laptop and so I went ahead and did that, saving all my files to an external hard drive. After completing the reinstallation, i moved all the files back on to my laptop. Now when i try to open the .veg file i get this "An error occurred while loading the project file Jeff.veg. The file is an unsupported format."

So now, when im in vegas, i can see the clips that in the explorer tap that i shot myself but not the ones i got from the VHS tapes. And when i try to open those files using vegas i get "Warning: An error occurred while loading the project file. The file is an unsupported format."

They worked and showed up just fine before i re-installed windows. I edited the whole project no problem. Any ideas?

Luke

4. Collapse Details
    Probably not, but Is it possible to restore my laptop to before i re-installed windows? Thank you

Luke

5. Collapse Details
    No, that's not possible.

I'm going to have to think that when you re-installed Windows, you wiped out whatever codec the Dazzle converter used to convert the video. Still got the software that came with the Dazzle?

A better way of going about it is to pass the VHS video through your DVX. It will then be converted to DV.
    LEARN FILMMAKING -- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS of great tutorials - see screen shots, preview reels, and more

6. Collapse Details
    So, do you think that if i reinstall that software, it should work again? But, you know what, after i captured the VHS tapes, i then rendered the those clips as an mpeg 2 file using the DVDA2 template. So it really shouldn't have a problem. Whats the deal?

Luke

7. Collapse Details
    Are you sure you're dropping those DVDA renders into your timeline?

Did you reinstall DVDA? (Shouldn't matter.)

Try reinstalling the Dazzle software.

8. Collapse Details
    I GOT IT! This was really eating at me. I tried everything, but finally realized I had forgotten to update vegas. Im not sure why, but after the update, all worked fine. David, thanks for sticking with it and trying to help me figure it out.

Luke