1. Collapse Details
    REDMAX The Imax Camera Update! I told you!
    Well well well, It looks like I was right on the money. Imax is going digital and sony is helping them. So I guess they will have some 4k projectors. So 4k red is enough for Imax. I knew it. Those $22,000 film prints just weren't cutting it. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...lines-business

2. Collapse Details
    Yes, but the article never said anything about RED.

3. Collapse Details
    That article paints a rather troubling picture of the future of IMAX. Sony developing 4k (or RED for that matter) does little to repair the real damage done to the company as a result of their shifty accounting.

e
    Erik Olson

4. Collapse Details
    just gotta say this....they need to check facts in that article because they said a 35 feature print costs $1,200 hahaha it costs alot more then $1,200

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle.presley
    Yes, but the article never said anything about RED.
    True, but it did say that IMAX will go digital and be more than likely be projected on Sony 4k projectors which would make RED 4k a great fit since IMAX is trying to cut costs. Eventually Sony will come out with 4k cameras but I don't think that will be before 2009 so RED or Film is what they will shoot and scale down to 4K to project. So it seems as if IMAX movies in the future will be less resolution but 4K should be enough because IMAX is more than just the movie. So I suggested in a earlier post
    "Imax will start to outfit all their theaters with 4k projectors as to bypass film conversion" that 4K Red would be enough for IMAX and it seems that I can see the future.

6. Collapse Details
    Well, if memory serves, there were some "political" issues with Sony's 4K projectors and the RED camera. Sony gave RED a hard time using their projector at one point, didn't they?