Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Using the G-Raids 2...
    HVX on the FW400, 2 G-Raids in a row on the FW800...
    Flawless and reliable...
    One downside: the enclosures finishing seems a bit too "industrial" - my partner cut his fingers on one of the edges...
    And if IŽd buy now, IŽd probably get a Expresscard to eSATA adapter and buy the G-Sata drives....
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I LIKE FOOD. FOOD IS GOOD.

2. Collapse Details
    Questions about G-Drives" I have a G-Drive 250gig, it clicks with the flash of the LED when it is working. Does your do that? And is this normal? Just seem louder that I am used to.

thanks
    "When my HVX grows up it wants to be a VariCam."

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonFox
    What I couldn't find is a defininitive answer as to whether that slows down the 800 port to 400 speed.
    Yes, that's exactly how Firewire works, unfortunately. But if everything works fine for yoiu; there's no problem; and you can get an expresscard FW adapter if you want a second FW bus (either 400 or 800).
    "I'd like to say that I've never come across two know nothing pretenders on the weird wide web before, but unfortunately it's all too common and is exactly why, according to the last government survey, only 5% of all internet users ever use forums or chats. And it's exactly why I'm done with this one. You two really need to get jobs and out of your mother's basements. You can't fix stupid. And I don't have time for stupid." -swoopie

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details
    Knock on wood on this one... Have been using the cursed by everyone Lacie D2's for about 2 years and they all work fine. 3.5tb storage and still going strong. So I can only recommend them. But its my own personal experience!
    Sérgio Perez
    Macanese Director
    http://vimeo.com/user1503556

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SurJones View Post
    Questions about G-Drives" I have a G-Drive 250gig, it clicks with the flash of the LED when it is working. Does your do that? And is this normal? Just seem louder that I am used to.

thanks
    same here... sometimes I work in hotelrooms and render over night, better to have some earplugs ready... and tape for the insanely bright and blinking LED!

Why is everyone adding really bright LEDs to their cases? Is this because of the PC modding trend...?
    All I want is a small glimmering indicator telling me, my HDD is on and busy...

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    ...And if IŽd buy now, IŽd probably get a Expresscard to eSATA adapter and buy the G-Sata drives....
    So if you are using the Express Card slot for the eSATA adapter, how do you read the P2 cards? Do you use the camera or P2 store connected to the computer via USB-2?
    Derek Allen
    Director of Photography
    Washington, DC

Silhouette Digital Media
    http://silhouettemedia.com/

Gear Jones (Geeky Gear Blog)
    http://gearjones.com

8. Collapse Details
    we are using a glyph 062 1TB drive for editing striped for speed and using redundancy on a firmtek seritek sm2 expresscard style adapter. On the firmtek we use western digital cavier drives, out of the seagates and the other good drives we did lots of tests and found the caviers to be awsome. we have about 16 of them mirrored for storage in raid 1 and we have been using them with p2 footage from the hvx, and hpx and some dvx with the sony a1u as the sneak it in the club camera.

i say go glyph, its a no brainer, their management software sucks and you should rely on disk utility but that for speed and the firmtek for backup is the way i think its good to go.

9. Collapse Details
    i personally have two 230 gig Lacie's. They have worked very well for me, and are cost efficient, if you want one bigger than 300 hundred i believe they do carry larger hard drives. good luck!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dafilms View Post
    So if you are using the Express Card slot for the eSATA adapter, how do you read the P2 cards? Do you use the camera or P2 store connected to the computer via USB-2?
    Always using transfer via FW, most of the time from the B-cam...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast