Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Here's a couple moon shots at full zoom using Disjecta's PANALOOK:

Raw footy:

clip 1

clip 2
    Twitter: jayscorsese

2. Collapse Details
    Could we perhaps elaborate a bit on some of the settings?

For instance, I understand what master pedestal and setup level do, but I'm not sure when and how to employ them. And coring, for instance -- why wouldn't you always set that to the minimum, to minimize noise? Why and when would you modify horizontal detail frequency or horizontal/vertical detail balance? Some settings show an obvious difference when you start modifying their values, but others I don't notice any change at all. For those that don't obviously change the picture, it's hard to tell whether or not they should be used.

3. Collapse Details
    Hi, Good question. I hope someone -next to me- steps in. I am sure you started reading this file: http://downloads.canon.com/cpr/softw...ageControl.pdf

The detail balance and frequency setup is a setting you could experiment with if you try to make optimized settings for lets say 'Nature' shoots. Shooting natural environment, streaming water, fogg, waving fields. Nature shoots can be 'soft' and less detailed without interference. Sometimes detail can frustrate the viewing or printing process, so you see jitter freq. like moiré. Trying to avoid that you can alter the H/V freq. setting.

Coring is also a setting that involves detail, if you set coring to the max you lose the fine detail but you lose the small grain particles too. Shooting progressive or interlaced also makes a difference. The F-mode already is changing the H/V detail balance itself. You need to take care in combination with he sharpness settings here. You don't want to end up with having outline enhancing that is creating a artificial sharpness look.
    Look outside...Do you see noise?

4. Collapse Details
    Two NEW presets: ( remove .txt at the end) so it ends with .CPF

A)
    B)

And a describing:

...sorry its not working to upload these files from the DVXuser Upload...
    Last edited by xray; 01-12-2007 at 05:29 AM.
    Look outside...Do you see noise?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by xray
    Hi, Good question. I hope someone -next to me- steps in. I am sure you started reading this file: http://downloads.canon.com/cpr/softw...ageControl.pdf

The detail balance and frequency setup is a setting you could experiment with if you try to make optimized settings for lets say 'Nature' shoots. Shooting natural environment, streaming water, fogg, waving fields. Nature shoots can be 'soft' and less detailed without interference. Sometimes detail can frustrate the viewing or printing process, so you see jitter freq. like moiré. Trying to avoid that you can alter the H/V freq. setting.

Coring is also a setting that involves detail, if you set coring to the max you lose the fine detail but you lose the small grain particles too. Shooting progressive or interlaced also makes a difference. The F-mode already is changing the H/V detail balance itself. You need to take care in combination with he sharpness settings here. You don't want to end up with having outline enhancing that is creating a artificial sharpness look.
    Thanks. That link hadn't worked for me in the past, but it's working now.

6. Collapse Details
    I seem to be having problems with that link as well.

7. Collapse Details
    i was stupified when i walked into the function menu on my camera. i mean jeez!! wth is all this?! im clueless

how do load or save stuff? im gonna jump the manual soon as well.

does the a1 show you the effects of the presents as you play with them?
    Last edited by dcrin3; 01-19-2007 at 11:58 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Yes, reading the manual is always a good start. And yes, you can see the results as you tweak, but you're looking through the menu display at the same time. I should note I am not an A1/G1 owner, I've just worked with the camera a few times, that's all.

I have to admit I expected a little more sharing in the world of presets. Or more aim in the presets., like, "The James Cameron Blue" preset to mimic the high contrast, soft focus, blue hi-lite look he often uses. Or the "Matrix" green, or "Children of Men Yellow", etc.

9. Collapse Details
    any way that someone who has the dvinfo presets could email them to me?

10. Collapse Details
    I'm working on a new preset right now that will give a much more color intensive response to what is being shot than any of the factory settings. I'll have it ready in a few days and will post. Here are two shots from a test I did with the preset today:

Stay tuned.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast