Thread: Dexter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    It started off with some promising elements this season (namely Charlotte Rampling's character) but it's totally gone in the crapper these last few episodes. Maybe they can pull something out in the next half but I'm starting to doubt it.
    I had high hopes for a 'Trinity' type intelligent psychopath out of her character but alas nothing.

Like others I am just watching it for completion at this point and haven't really cared about a season since Trinity which IMHO was when Dexter peaked.

2. Collapse Details
    While I agree this Dexter season is blowing chunks of human flesh, I disagree this is the worst final season.

I remember the last season of Roseanne. *cry*

Well this might go down as the worst final season of a once good show ever. I don't see any way they could salvage it at this point.
    I'm a filmmaker, an educator, a technician, and sometimes philosopher.
    www.dillonthomasdigital.com

3. Collapse Details
    Dexter is one of those shows that I have been watching because I have been invested in it for so long now, but it has been headed down hill for a while in my opinion. Started getting real contrived at a point, and just served to move the plot along to an end point in unrealistic ways (not that the show is ultra-realistic, or anything).

That said... worst, last season ever? Lost, anyone? I know some people still loved that show, but its conclusion made it so I never feel a need/desire to watch again. ever. b/c it doesn't matter. they are all dead. Never mind 5 years of questions we've been throwing at you

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

4. Collapse Details
    spoiler:

When Dexter told his sister of his plans for Argentina, I heard Michael C. Hall's cynicism. Deb then spoke for us by ridiculing him.

All of this season's subplots are in fact failures. His story is now absurd. However, a bit of that spark from the early seasons does emerge on occasion. I'm hoping against reason that somehow it ends upright.

Another thought: Dexter has evolved. He experiences emotions more fully now and they interfere with his critical thinking. He is no longer the perfect killer we once admired. This makes for character development while the story suffers.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ramsey View Post
    That said... worst, last season ever? Lost, anyone?
    The ending of lost was massively disappointing but the final season in its entirety was not as consistently terrible episode to episode as this last season of Dexter. Almost every story and character choice has been bad.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

6. Collapse Details
    The ending of lost was massively disappointing but the final season in its entirety was not as consistently terrible episode to episode as this last season of Dexter. Almost every story and character choice has been bad.
    Agreed. It's just dreadful.

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

7. Collapse Details
    Dreadful indeed.

I don't care *at all* if Dexter gets caught, dies, evolves, lives happily ever after, whatever...

To borrow from Homer: "That show sure sucks. It just plain sucks. I've seen shows suck before but this is the suckiest pile of suck that ever sucked."
    Last edited by Denis Haineault; 09-11-2013 at 07:44 AM.
    An endless stream of dead uncle Daves

8. Collapse Details
    I thought the final episode was very good. Not great but there was a lot of good momentum and that eery/sad ambiance of the show was back. It was a solid episode in a weak season and a fitting series ending. No time was wasted on the silly subplots.

OK, the storm looked ridiculous and the whole thing with Deb bordered lunacy but I think it was all pulled off credibly.

I'm going to miss Batista!

9. Collapse Details
    They should start a new series called...."Batista."

I liked how the series ended btw. Some people will not but hey...

10. Collapse Details
    So many people hated the finale. I thought it was just okay, silly in some parts. But I could go on about how silly some things were, but I didn't love the ending but I didn't hate it as much as other people did. The series sould of ended 2 seasons ago.

And god please no spinoffs.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast