Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    you're delayed jim.. here was 2am november 23

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme_Nattress
    I'm sorry Glenn, should I reduce the quality of REDCODE so you can see the artifacts more easily :-) How does it work - it works like this:

Pixels get transformed into Pixies. The Pixies are magic. We don't feed the Pixies, and with this crash diet, they loose weight. Now they're smaller, they fit into a smaller space. Once we get the Pixies into the computer to decompress them, we feed them lots of nice heavy electrons, they gain weight rapidly, and we turn them back into pixels for display on screen.
    That is just too damned funny Graeme.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard
    OK... 6pm. Time for everyone's medication.

Jim
    Does Guinness count as medication?
    Actor / Musician

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyinla
    Does Guinness count as medication?
    I hope so... I am cracking open one now

Cheers everyone and I hope all our American friends have a fat and happy Thanksgiving weekend.
    A. Benz RED #557

Love your experiments (as you would an ugly child). Joy is the engine of growth. Exploit the liberty in casting your work as beautiful experiments, iterations, attempts, trials, and errors. Take the long view and allow yourself the fun of failure every day.

5. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    hey andrew and we over here?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker1977
    hey andrew and we over here?
    Hahaha... You guys have fat and happy weekends every weekend!!! You live in the one of the most beautiful parts of the world and I cannot wait and share in that experience.

I will say that absolutely all of us are thankful for this project, the Team, and all the opportunities that this will afford us in our creative endevours. We can all partake in these thoughts...
    A. Benz RED #557

Love your experiments (as you would an ugly child). Joy is the engine of growth. Exploit the liberty in casting your work as beautiful experiments, iterations, attempts, trials, and errors. Take the long view and allow yourself the fun of failure every day.

7. Collapse Details
    Oh yes... happy Thanksgiving!
    Actor / Musician

8. Collapse Details
    OK... 6pm. Time for everyone's medication.

I do believe I need medication. Going to 4:2:2 "uncompressed" would degrade the quality of Red footage (both uncompressed footage and Redcode). The quality of Redcode seems to exceed that of 4:2:2 uncompressed (uncompressed in the sense that there is no DCT or wavelet compression; compression only via chroma subsampling).

Capturing "compressed" (Redcode) gives you better quality than "uncompressed" (4:2:2). I do believe medication is in order.

9. Collapse Details
    its funny.. i remember when i first was comparing the two images (recoded and non redcoded) I spend about 10 minutes trying to figure out how i screwed up the encode... I couldnt visually see the difference as I expected. I had to actually do the Photoshop difference to make sure they actually where different.

Its amusing all the guys in the audience at Nuart that claimed they could spot the difference between the two in a second.. it took us 20 minutes staring 3 inches away from the 20 foot screen to spot even one artifact.

10. Collapse Details
    They probably should be subjected to a double blind test.

2- It might also be interesting to see if people can tell the difference when keying the footage.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast