Thread: dvd?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    its coming.. but we didnt get all the DVD entries in till way after Halloween (a month after the due date) so i stalled on it.. Jack has a great idea.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel Stanley
    I've always thought the best time to release a DVD would be during upload week for the next contest, there's a lot of interest in past fests whenever a new one starts.
    That is a good idea. I could go for that.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land
    its coming.. but we didnt get all the DVD entries in till way after Halloween (a month after the due date) so i stalled on it.. Jack has a great idea.
    I thought to qualify folks had to have their files ready for both web/contest and DVD. Nevertheless, glad it's coming out, and I'll definitely buy at least one.

Maybe getting a pre-order page would help your setup/duplication/replication costs? I imagine you'd have a bulk of orders/payment in advance.

Hopefully REM made the top ten. Technically it did, because Matt's film was exhibition ... I just really want a stab at getting onto IMDB with at least one of these things (never have gotten a single one on there, even from our SciFest entry) ... and I've heard the distribution on DVD from DVXuser is the trick.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

4. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    Yeah I tried the DVXuser DVD distribution angle to get on IMDB - that's how Man From Hollywood and the DVX filter tests are on there but it didn't work. People are discussing this in the Dramafest thread though if you want additional info on strategies for getting your shizzle on IMDbizzle.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM
    FREE AWARD-WINNING MOSTLY-HORROR SHORTS FROM
    DVXUSER, TRIBECA, SLAMDANCE, SXSW, TORONTO AFTER DARK, AND MORE...

5. Collapse Details
    My god

If DVX Filter Lab Tests can get on there ......

6. Collapse Details
    this is why dvxuser alone won't do:
    http://www.imdb.com/updates/guide/festivals

"Our title acceptance criteria state that one way for a film to qualify is if it was accepted by:
    film festivals that don't accept everything regardless of its quality
    To help with this guideline, the following are some common examples of film festivals or similar events that do not meet this criterion. Please note that a screening at one of these events might be listed for a title that qualified for other reasons; in other words, just because you see a screening at one of these events listed, that doesn't mean it's the reason the title qualified.
    Some general categories of screenings that do not generally qualify:
    • The 48 Hour Film Project (and anything similar): These events are not festivals; inclusion is not determined by the quality of the finished work. They are most similar to a film school, and the primary audience of the films produced is the fellow participants. However, if the people involved have previous valid credits (valid under our current rules), they are accepted.
    • Film markets (most notably, Cannes Market and American Film Market [AFM]): Participation in these is determined primarily by payment of a fee, not by quality of the film. Screenings may be open to the public, and these will often affect the year associated with a title, but this doesn't change the essentially pay-to-play nature of the event.
    • Film school "festivals" (and other showcases): Generally speaking, these are really showcases for the work of that school's students. Essentially all finished projects are shown, regardless of quality or general public interest. This applies to other showcases calling themselves festivals, such as those for a filmmaking collective; unlike a festival, a showcase doesn't have an independent selection panel, and doesn't accept works from outside the group being showcased.
    • Online-only "festivals": Generally speaking, these are not sufficiently selective, and are really just a special case of the existing rule that, just because a film is available on a web page doesn't mean it qualifies. They generally don't have the level of exposure of a real festival."
    There's also a clause about small number DVD runs as not qualifying as distribution.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Envision
    Maybe getting a pre-order page would help your setup/duplication/replication costs? I imagine you'd have a bulk of orders/payment in advance.
    I'm down for some pre-ordering.
    :: Jeremy Tuttle of DTC Productions ::

:: DVXUSER Dramafest Entry - At the Park ::

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land
    Hi Jarred

Are you just talking about the BTS stuff you were waiting for?

I thought when we submitted our shorts we had to include a mpeg for the DVD or did I misunderstand ?
    Thanks
    Ian

9. Collapse Details
    Yes BTS and altered cuts, etc.

I think Jarred has all he needs now and we are going to get this out soon.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks Jack

I'm glad we didn't miss out on this one .

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12