Thread: Where to buy?

1. Collapse Details
    Where to buy?
    Hello,

I recently pruchaced this product online at a website called "CCI Camera City" but it turns out that it may have been a mistake. I read some reviews upon this site after sending in my order and... well... they arent pleasing to read. I can cancle it but I also want to buy the product at a cheap price. I'm currently living in Vancouver, BC, Canada but I'm from South Korea. I would like to purchace the HVX200 within North America since it would be more expensive in my homeland. When CCI called me they presured me into buying additional things such as the AC Adapter... but I checked the HVX200 manual online and it says the adapter is included. They also said that its made in Taiwan, but I thought it was made in Japan.

Is it possible for anyone to tell me the full details about how the HVX200 came to their house? Where is the best, and safest, place to buy it. What was included in the box, etc...

I would appreciate if you could reply asap, I need to call CCI tommorow aswell as other internet sites to cancle accsesseries that i orderd.

Thank you very much.

2. Collapse Details
    Read the Sticky's above, WHERE TO BUY HVX.. ....

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by vidled
    This is meant as mini-guide for anyone looking at wanting to buy an HVX.
    It is similar to this excellent sticky post.

Buying an HVX is a big investment for most, so the pursuit to buy it at the lowest cost is very tempting. Unfortunately "lowest cost" doesn't always mean "best deal" or even "lowest end-cost".
    When checking pricing of a particular product we often resort to online searches, like google, or price listing/comparing sites. Unfortunately those sites collect revenue from advertisers, and those advertisers aren't always "good companies".

- A good company will provide help in selecting the right product for you with knowledgable staff, and sell top notch, new equipment, and stand behind its products; will aid when there are problems, and will offer other, good customer support.
    - A bad company will take as much money they can from you, and once they have sent you the product[s], they do not want to hear from you again, unless it is to sell you something else. Good customer support costs money, so it is not offered by a bad company.
    - A really bad company will take your money and not deliver the goods you are expecting, or not deliver any goods at all.

Okay, as far as the Panasonic AG-HVX200 is concerned. Current retail price is $5995.00 USD. That's as much as you should be paying, although most reputable companies are now discounting that price by as much as $800.

You have three choices:

1)
    The BEST, and most recommended place to buy an HVX is from an authorized dealer. These dealers are authorized by Panasonic, and this should be a safe and simple transaction, and one that you shouldn't have any problems with. If a problem arises, you will get good support as you will have purchased from a company that stands behind its products. Any warranty issues will be swiftly dealt with. The HVX will come with all current Panasonic USA rebates, special offers, promotions, etc.
    Expect to pay about $5200.00 to $5500.00

2)
    Greymarket. This is a tricky and far more risky deal. You will get a BRAND NEW HVX, but one that was IMPORTED from overseas into the USA by the company that is selling it to you, not one that was imported by Panasonic USA. Although this HVX will come with ALL accessories and is made to the exact same standard as the HVX mentioned above, it will most likely NOT include rebates, special offers, etc. The warranty will be VERY VERY limited, maybe not applicable at all. So if the cam goes wrong, you might find you have to pay FULL PRICE to have it fixed.
    There are some very decent companies that are selling greymarket products. The decent ones should be ones that TELL YOU that it is greymarket. They might tell you by stating that it was "imported". Make sure that manuals are in English too.
    Expect to pay about $4750.00 to $5200.00
    BUYER BEWARE OF RISKS!

3)
    Scams. These are just about ALL HVXs that are offered for $4750 or lower. Many will see an HVX advertised for $3400 and think GREAT they can save money. However, this cam simply can't be sold for that amount. If it were sold for $3400 the company would be LOSING money and will go bankrupt. There are NUMEROUS companies that use a tactic of luring you into their website (which look legitimate) and then get you to buy their products with a credit card. The scam they use is mostly one whereby they sell you a completely useless PRO KIT for far too much money, so that you spent more in the end than if you'd purchased from an Authorized Dealer. Alternatively they will state that the HVX won't come with ANY accessories, no battery, nothing; but they will sell you those things at an inflated price. if you were to decline the accessories, they'd simply turn around and tell you the cam is now out-of-stock. Many have reported that shipping costs are also INFLATED, costing you hundreds where it should cost $35.00.
    Other scams include taking your credit card information, charging your credit card but not sending you any products at all.
    BEST TO CHECK http://resellerratings.com if you are unsure of a company, and see for yourself what feedback the company is receiving.
    Expect HVX to be advertised for $3000.00 to $4500.00 (although you will either end up paying more, or not getting anything at all)
    DO NOT BUY FROM OR WASTE TIME WITH THESE COMPANIES. THESE COMPANIES ARE ONLY IN BUSINESS BECAUSE THEY FIND SOME GULLIBLE PEOPLE WHO BUY FROM THEM. DON'T FEED THEIR EVILNESS!

This post is USA biased. If you are wanting to buy a PAL HVX in the USA you can find them at B&H although they will be selling for full MSRP at $5995 for some months yet.

I live in Vancouver and would go to Leo's Camera Supply @

1055 Granville Street.

Right downtown, just a half block south of Nelson st.
    I believe they still have a sale on HVX's and are a very good company.

One question though,

Do you need a PAL or NTSC camera?

4. Collapse Details
    i almost bought from CCI Camera City too because it comes up first in google when searching for the HVX200. i talked to the guy there and he was trying to upsell me so i knew something wasnt right. then i found this website and read about all the cons and scam shops. CCI Camera City was one of them. read the sticky.

i eneded up buying my camera from http://www.spec-comm.com/hvx200.php because they are an authorized dealer and got it asap. the woman jasmine there is real cool and nice. i also bought a P2 card from there as well a coupla weeks later. no problems whatsoever.

5. Collapse Details
    Member With Answers
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmBoy77
    i almost bought from CCI Camera City too because it comes up first in google.
    Yeah, that's done using the magic of paid ad placement. It's the only way those bastards can wind up at the top.

6. Collapse Details
    Spec-comm is awesome.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by uhrgl
    Spec-comm is awesome.
    This means??????

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David S.
    This means??????
    It means "Specialized Communications Corp. is a great place to purchase the AG-HVX200P" if I were to assume.

Thanks uhrgl!

Andrew Hoffman

9. Collapse Details
    Oh. That's what awesome means.

:-)

10. Collapse Details
    If you live in Vancouver then buy it from Leo's Camera. Why would you ship+import from US?