Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook Willard
    Am I misunderstanding something? I seem to remember discussion of a 32GB or 64GB internal [in-body] flash drive.
    There is... but apparently that's not what they're calling "onboard."

Confused yet?
    you + are = you're.
    Batteries do not "loose" charge and hard drives don't "loose" data.

Red One #79

2. Collapse Details
    Yeah, Flash is onboard, but the RED-DRIVE is no longer. It was in the past, hence we're all talking about onboard options. Day-to-day work terminology getting out.

- Flash you slot into the flash module (camera body)
    - RED-DRIVE you attach near / to the camera
    www.red.com - RED - 4k Digital Cinema Camera

3. Collapse Details
    Got it. So I could record using the Flash drive with no external attachments [other than the battery]?
    "I've heard that this project is impossible... hehe" ~ Jim Jannard
    The Pursuit of Happyness

4. Collapse Details
    That is correct
    www.red.com - RED - 4k Digital Cinema Camera

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook Willard
    Got it. So I could record using the Flash drive with no external attachments [other than the battery]?
    Yes. Which is good! But apparently there aren't any speed increases/advantages to using an external drive (ala RED-DRIVE or REDFLASH). So, you get additional capacity while using those (which you're probably going to need), but no better fps or recording options. For that, you need the RAID system, or recording out through the high-speed port.
    you + are = you're.
    Batteries do not "loose" charge and hard drives don't "loose" data.

Red One #79

6. Collapse Details
    Fantastic. Not to pull this off-topic, but you stated that it's flash that you slot into the camera body... is that to say that it's not a single fixed drive in the body? That it's more of a removable flash media [akin to P2 functionality... but bigger]?
    The Pursuit of Happyness

7. Collapse Details
    I just want to make sure I am following all this. Is this right...

1) The Red Drive is actually more like a Firestore device. It needs to run from a cable to a physical drive somewhere near the camera (like strapped to the tripod, DP, or mounted under or on the camera, like the cineporter).

2) In order to shoot 60fps, you will have to either shoot 2k [scaled or windowed?], or you have to hook the camera up to a raid array [any old raid array, or just the Red Raid array?]

Question: How practical will it be to shoot 60fps Steadicam or handheld in an outdoor location while tethered to the raid array? What type of cable are we talking about? What type of power is required to run the raid array?

thanks

8. Collapse Details
    Primary recording options - (all specs subject to change)

4K RAW, compressed with REDCODE. Recorded to RED-DRIVE or REDFLASH. Frame rates - variable 1 - 30fps.

4.0/4.5K RAW, uncompressed. Recorded via high speed data port to external custom disk array or RAM disk. Frame rates - variable 1 - 60fps.

2K RAW, compressed with REDCODE. Recorded to RED-DRIVE or REDFLASH. Frame rates - variable 1 - 60fps.

2K RAW, uncompressed. Recorded via high speed data port to external custom disk array or RAM disk. Frame rates - variable 1 - 120fps.

2K RGB or 1080p compressed with REDCODE. Recorded to RED-DRIVE or REDFLASH. Frame rates - variable 1 - 60fps. From 4K RAW or 2K RAW original frame.

2K RGB or 1080p uncompressed. Recorded to external disk array over dual link HD-SDI. Frame rates 24 and / or 25fps. From 4K RAW or 2K RAW original frame.

720p compressed with REDCODE. Recorded to RED-DRIVE or REDFLASH. Frame rates - variable 1 - 60fps from 4K RAW original frame, 120fps from 2K RAW original frame.
    Stuart English
    Workflow Wizard
    stuart@red.com

9. Collapse Details
    4K to 2K in camera ?
    The answer to the 4K to 2K in camera scaling question is 4K RAW to 2K RGB is possible, but that 4K RAW to 2K RAW is not. However we do understand why people are asking for this, and if it can be worked out how to do it, then we'll let everyone know.
    Stuart English
    Workflow Wizard
    stuart@red.com

10. Collapse Details
    "2K RGB" will be 8-bit, yes?
    The Pursuit of Happyness

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast