Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
  1. Collapse Details
    DARKLINE,
    Thanks for the comments. You wouldn't believe some of the things we've seen parents do and it's not even that they're bad parents, maybe they just don't know any better. Yes the ending isn't going to surprise too many (search the web and you will find dozens of faked car hits... but it's not about the car hit as so much as the choices that the mother made caused the harm to an innocent man. But hey it was either a truck hit or a dinosaur attack... so we went with the former.

JACK DANIEL STANLEY,
    Thanks Jack. That means a lot coming from you, we try our best. It's funny, people either hate the audio or they think it's great. Any way, thanks again for the comments.
    :: Jeremy Tuttle of DTC Productions ::

:: DVXUSER Dramafest Entry - At the Park ::

2. Collapse Details
    Excellent short! I just watched it for the first time.

You never did post the BDS stills of the truck running the bum over, did you? I'm very curious to see them.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the comment! Wow, I thought this thing was long and forgotten about.

I did start to work on some BTS but life and other new projects got in the way but I think I might revisit it. Really all we did was drive the truck really slow and hit the guy and he threw himself on the hood and did a nice head whip to make it even more dramatic and then in post we sped it up (I'll look to see by how much, I forget off the top of my head. Maybe 200 to 300%). Pretty simple really but once you know that when you watch it you can tell it was sped up... oh well. We wanted to actually go the dummy route but we thought it would unsafe (we didn’t want to break the windshield which we actually ended up cracking any way when we were recording sounds of objects hitting the truck) and it also would have added more to the budget that was all ready stretching our wallets.

Anyway, thanks again.
    :: Jeremy Tuttle of DTC Productions ::

:: DVXUSER Dramafest Entry - At the Park ::

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremytuttle View Post
    Thanks for the comment! Wow, I thought this thing was long and forgotten about.

I did start to work on some BTS but life and other new projects got in the way but I think I might revisit it. Really all we did was drive the truck really slow and hit the guy and he threw himself on the hood and did a nice head whip to make it even more dramatic and then in post we sped it up (I'll look to see by how much, I forget off the top of my head. Maybe 200 to 300%). Pretty simple really but once you know that when you watch it you can tell it was sped up... oh well. We wanted to actually go the dummy route but we thought it would unsafe (we didnít want to break the windshield which we actually ended up cracking any way when we were recording sounds of objects hitting the truck) and it also would have added more to the budget that was all ready stretching our wallets.

Anyway, thanks again.
    Well, good job. It looks really good. I just got done watching Macgregor's "18 Seconds" and at the end there's a run over scene as well, but there you can def. tell it was done post on after effects or something, whereas yours has a more realistic feeling.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930