Page 3 of 359 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    So, how are you guys planning on collaborating from opposite coasts? Movie made in one place, edited in the other, or will there actually be travel involved by one or both of you?

Jason

P.s. Best of luck to you both by the way. And everyone Ok, sappy moment over. Drama.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

2. Collapse Details
    I have two trips to LA in the next 80 days. We're shooting there.

Thanks for the wishes.

3. Collapse Details
    We've worked out a pre-production trip that involves Ted flying out here this week for 9 days. We're setting up actor auditions and will be doing some camera tests for some critical scenes. After Ted leaves we will be working on blocking and shot planning using FrameForge 3D, which is a very cool 3D storyboarding package. In theory, we should be able to put together a rough cut in 3D before Ted returns right after Christmas for the actual shoot. We hope this allows us to be comfortable with the film's pacing as well as getting some useable information on lighting/camera setups to make the shoot much more efficient.

Additionally, while Ted is back at his compound, I'll be shooting some specific technical shots. Both Ted and I are committed to making this a truly joint project with equal labor and responsibility.

We'll shoot early January and I'm delighted to announce that Kyle accepted my offer to come out and crew for us in exchange for me reciprocating on his production. After having him sign a blood oath, we revealed our synopsis and production outline and he's pumped and excited (or is a very good actor anyway). We're really excited to have his talent on board and I am hoping that other L.A.-area DVXers will come out, if even for a short day, during our shoot.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks Mark for elaborating on the process.

We are very, very excited about this project and this new union. I feel a lot of potential with Mark and I teaming up. (I never had to empty my PM box so many times before!) The communication between us has been intoxicating. (Hopefully when we finally meet each other in 2 days, we be just as happy.... or at least able to get intoxicated! Just kidding.)

And I am absolutely delighted to have Kyle Stebbins on board for this project and hope, as Mark has stated, other L.A.-area DVXers will visit during our shoot. There are many of you that I would love to meet!

5. Collapse Details
    Sounds awesome guys. Looking forward to it. And you alredy have like 300 views of this thread. Impressive.

Jason

Check that 200. Impressive none the less.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

6. Collapse Details
    There are advantages to shooting in L.A. One really BIG one is the fact that the DVX guru Brandon Rice lives at the top of the basin and it looks like he's going to help us crew too!!! Having worked with Brandon on his Smuggler's Ransom film I can't say enough how much I admire his work ethic and talent.

When I told Ted he said, "Wow, I bet Brandon has some really sophisticated ladders we can use."

7. Collapse Details
    HAHA! Hey, it'll be a pleasure working with you two. Can't wait!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

8. Collapse Details
    Hey - I know a great basement you guys could shoot at in Brooklyn - it comes with it's own strawberry syrup soaked worktable from the 1930's. I think the table's name is Eric...c'mon Mark - come back to the east coast - the peoples of Brooklyn have been eagerly anticipating the return of their newest favorite creative/sentient being and are awaiting his foray into the dramatic arts, wishing him and his newest ally the best in their battle for our dramatic hearts.
    break legs gentlemen!!

9. Collapse Details
    Jason,

I have spun tales at our campfires on Melrose, telling of the fetid squalor that we labored in and how your single-minded focus reminded me of a 16th Century Abecedarian rising above and beyond the miring filth. Would that you could transport yourself and your thespian talents here to appear in our humble opus. Alas, though, this city and its teeming masses of truculent pudenda would likely destroy your innocence. .... But what the hell, come on out and we'll do sushi on Manhattan Beach and say f*ck it all!

vislaw

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Johnson
    Alas, though, this city and its teeming masses of truculent pudenda would likely destroy your innocence. ....
    HAHAHA!!! LOL!!!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

Page 3 of 359 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast