Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Drama-Fest Information
    Barry.. take it away when your ready..

2. Collapse Details

DVXuser Drama-Fest Short Film Festival

Rules
    • All films must be no longer than 6 minutes including credits.
    • The festival category is Dramatic Narrative (see Wikipedia definition of Dramatic film). The major judging criteria will be the development of a strong narrative with believable characters. In short—tell a good story with beginning, middle, and end in six minutes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dramatic_film
    • The central character of all films must be named Eric or Erica.
    • All films must be shot on either the DVX or the HVX to be eligible for prizes. Other cameras are welcome for demonstration.
    • All films must be "R" rated or lower. Our "R" rating is pretty loose and it’s a hard R.
    “In the opinion of the Rating Board, this film definitely contains some adult material. Parents are strongly urged to find out more about this film before they allow their children to accompany them. An R-rated film may include strong language, violence, nudity, drug abuse, other elements, or a combination of the above, so parents are counseled in advance to take this advisory rating very seriously.”
    • All filmmakers agree to grant DVXuser.com and its agents non-exclusive rights for their films to appear on a potential Drama-Fest DVD or for DVXuser-sanctioned public screenings. Deliverables must be formatted as16:9 or 2:35 anamorphic in the requested file format.
    • Contest open to every country and films may be in any language. Non-English films must have English subtitles.
    • All films must be made between November 1, 2006 and January 31, 2007 and must not have been publicly screened prior to entry. The entry deadline is January 31, 2007 and no films or revisions to films will be accepted after this date. Entry instructions will be posted closer to the deadline.
    • Films may only be promoted on DVXuser.com before screening and no actual footage from films may be screened prior to the DVXuser screening. No promotion on external web sites is allowed until after the screening has been completed.
    • Films may be entered in other festivals as long as they aren’t screened prior to January 31, 2007.
    • No entry fee

3. Collapse Details
    Awesome! Awesome! YES!!!!!!!!

Eric or Erica? Are you serious? okay....

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! Let the next fest begin!!!!!!

Ted

And to think... if I traveled down to NYC for the screening, I would have missed this big unveiling!!!

THANKS JARRED

THANKS BARRY S.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore J Arabian
    Awesome! Awesome! YES!!!!!!!!

Eric or Erica? Are you serious? okay....

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! Let the next fest begin!!!!!!

Ted

Maybe it should have been Glenn or Glenda? That's how we make sure the entries are produced for DVXFest and not your recycled old shorts. Believe me, when I say we don't want your old shorts.

5. Collapse Details
    Eric or Erica is good And a brilliant way to make sure things are original.

6. Collapse Details
    so pumped... but man, this one will be a true challenge!
    video editor
    portland, or
    www.kylestebbins.com

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_S

• All filmmakers agree to grand DVXuser.com and its agents non-exclusive rights for their films to appear on a potential Drama-Fest DVD or for DVXuser-sanctioned public screenings. Deliverables must be formatted as 16:9 or 2:35 anamorphic in the requested file format.
    I assume that this is a typo and the word "...grand..." was intended to read "grant".

Otherwise, sounds good to me; I am in!

8. Collapse Details
    okay, i'm going to be that guy who asks for clarification on the Eric/Erica name. by "the central character", do you really require that it be "THE" central character or just "A" central character. the reason i ask is that i have a very special working relationship with a particular actress, and i routinely let her choose her character name. it's a gesture I make in fleshing out the character together that implies she "owns" the character. i could easily give the required name to another character that impacts her in some drmatic fashion, but... well... anyway, just curious.

erica/eric = main character or any character?
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

9. Collapse Details
    I'll assume she's a versatile enough actress to play a character named Erica. Maybe you can giver her a choice of playing it as Erica or Erika?

Quote Originally Posted by cygnet74
    okay, i'm going to be that guy who asks for clarification on the Eric/Erica name. by "the central character", do you really require that it be "THE" central character or just "A" central character. the reason i ask is that i have a very special working relationship with a particular actress, and i routinely let her choose her character name. it's a gesture I make in fleshing out the character together that implies she "owns" the character. i could easily give the required name to another character that impacts her in some drmatic fashion, but... well... anyway, just curious.

erica/eric = main character or any character?

10. Collapse Details
    Nice!

Too bad I am not getting my HVX until spring or early summer.

Anyone interested in a script writer?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry_S
    I'll assume she's a versatile enough actress to play a character named Erica. Maybe you can giver her a choice of playing it as Erica or Erika?
    If she is versatile she could even play Eric!

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast