Thread: Congrats to JDS

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Congrats to JDS
    Let me take a moment to say congrats to Jack Daniel Stanley. He's made four short films in his life, and has quite a track record:

His first film took 2nd place in our ZombieFest.
    His second film took 2nd place in our Sci-Fest.
    His third film took 1st place in our HeroFest.
    And his fourth film took 1st place in our HorrorFest.

Quite a track record. As Hudson and some others have said, he's probably outgrown our six-minute festival.

I agree.

I've had my eye on JDS since "Shed"; for a first-timer to produce something like that was just amazing. To do so in the face of a hurricane that wiped out everything he owned is inspiring. And he hasn't slowed down, hasn't skipped a beat, just gotten better and refined his craft. His understanding of character and art direction and visual storytelling is first-rate. He goes full-bore even with no budget and no funds; the man cannot be stopped.

It's time to see what he can do in a longer form.

Which is why I'm pleased to announce that my company is signing Jack to direct a full-length low-budget feature film that we will be funding.

This contest provided the stiffest competition yet, and in some ways I was hoping someone else would win so it wouldn't be all-Jack all-the-time but the guy went and won again... so congratulations Jack, this is a big night, and it just got a bit bigger.

A large part of my relocation to NC was to establish a new business, and we hope to be involving DVXUser members along the way. David Jimerson is my business partner; we've just launched our first product (The HVX BootCamp DVD) and we have more products in development with a select group of DVXUser members. The talent and skill level on this board is amazing, and we're grateful to have a family like this to work with. Thank you all for your participation in the fests, and for the knowledge you all freely share with all of us every day. I've met some amazing people through this board. You never know who is watching, who is listening, and where it might lead. For Jack it just led to him getting his first full-length film project underway.

So, JDS, once again, congrats. Take this night to celebrate, 'cause come Monday we have to get to work!
    Last edited by Barry_Green; 10-14-2006 at 09:57 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    way to go jacK
    Michael Petro
    Jacksonville, FL
    I am not a serious filmmaker, I am however serious about making more fun movies.

3. Collapse Details
    Surrounded by Mods
    wow....i wondered what you meant by that comment in the other thread. Thats great! Congrats again jack..

4. Collapse Details
    Woohoo! Way to go Jack & Barry as well! Very excited to see where this will lead for the both of you individually, as well as collectively!
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

5. Collapse Details
    Sweeeet!!!!
    video editor
    portland, or
    www.kylestebbins.com

6. Collapse Details
    I better be buying some movie tickets here soon to the silver screen to watch your stuff in action.

git em jack!

/j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

7. Collapse Details
    Congrats, Jack!
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

8. Collapse Details
    Congratulations on all of your accomplishments Jack! Good luck on your feature.

Before you ask a question, please use the Search Function

9. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Cryogenic Filmworks's Avatar
    Wow that rocks. Jack has certainly shown his talent in the last few fests and his ability to attract talented people to help him see his dreams.

Looking forward to the feature.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. (Tuco-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

IMDb Green Eyed Monster // Waiting 2 Die:A Veteran Affair // Bail Out

DVX100b / T3i / HMC150 / C100 / Atomos Ninja Blade
    50mm 1.8 / 24mm 2.8 / 18-55 5.6 / 75-300mm 5.6 / Rokinon Cine DS 85mm

10. Collapse Details
    Wow, great announcement, Barry; and congrats Jack, on Rekindled and the new gig!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast