Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Our DP never tested the Dalsa... and there were 4 of us that shot the green screen shot... in less than 15 minutes. James, Brian, myself and Jarred (hellboy). We set it up in an hour or so. We are providing the clips because, in spite of our haste, we want to provide something from "Frankie" that you can work with.

Jim

2. Collapse Details
    I pulled the link. I'll pull the file eventually, once everybody who's currently downloading is done.

Lets hope a few more people host it. I'm going to shift my bandwidth to the green screen image... I should have it soon.
    "I've heard that this project is impossible... hehe" ~ Jim Jannard
    The Pursuit of Happyness

3. Collapse Details
    Donatello,

As a gear geek who likes nothing more than to tinker in my basement, I get what you are saying about the two-guys-in-the-garage-style development footage we've seen to date. I've shot of the edge of the set before and captured plenty of unlit, unintended detail in the peripheral areas in the periphery. I've seen it with ten stops (lensing VistaVision background plates for ILM on Daylight) and with my HVX (not nearly ten stops in my own basement two weeks ago).

As a lighting cameraman, I could not disagree more with your assertion that we're getting plenty so far. The devil is in the details and we shouldn't have to look off the edges of the frame to find them.

I recommended Jon Erland and Tak Miyagishima, two guys who know how to tinker and coax a proper image out of prototypical gear, for testing and benchmarking a product as important as RED.

As I concisely iterated before, RED has the capacity and should lavish the same attention on test footage as they're putting into the camera and accessories.

e
    Erik Olson

4. Collapse Details
    Overland... we have plently to do to build this camera without showing anything until it is ready. We have chosen to include all in the process. We do not have time to spend hours on set-up of a shot AND build REDCINE, the RED ONE, and all the accessories. We could certainly withhold everything until we are done, but we have chosen not to. We are a band of 8, not including outside consultants. Should we post? Or just wait until the 1st quarter of 2007 to show you anything. You choose. If you want us to wait, we have no problem with that.

Jim

5. Collapse Details
    your not getting it completely..

The footage shot wasn't shot to be cinematic or blow people away in production value.. they were literally in the back of the garage with a handful of us like Jim mentioned, with the sole purpse of internal testing and is just part of the "normal" r&d process.. Jim has been nice enough to include everyone here to watch what is going on behind closed doors that you usually would never see.

Im sure when the time is right the biggest DP's (who some are already knocking on Red's door) will make stuff that will blow people awyay on an entirely new level... although i am extreamly proud of what a we have pulled off so far.

6. Collapse Details
    "Our DP never tested the Dalsa.."

not referring to greenscreen DP ..
    i thought i had read that you were going to have Dave Stump ASC put RED through some test .. i believe he also put the Dalsa thru some test back in it's development ...

"I've seen it with ten stops (lensing VistaVision background plates for ILM on Daylight) and with my HVX (not nearly ten stops in my own basement two weeks ago)."

this is the 1st time i ever heard of a HVX near 10 stops ( not nearly 10 stops) ... every HVX owner would love to be near 10 stops ...can you share your HVX settings you are using ? or any suggestions/tips in general ?

7. Collapse Details
    Love the low fi look of the images of this hi fi camera

I don't need production value to see that the camera, sensor and file is amazing

8. Collapse Details
    Jim,

I think you need to put your resources where you need to put them. It's a ridiculous scenario that I'm even telling you this - you know what you're doing.

I'm like everyone else in this forum, I want to see how this technology performs in the field as soon as is possible - even if it isn't yet appropriate or possible! That's where I'm coming from.

Fin

Now, Mr. Donatello. Are you a blue sky is green fellow? READ MY POST AGAIN - PAUSE, DIGEST IT. DON'T REPLY.

I specifically stated that my first-hand experience with VistaVision cameras (35mm) afforded 10 stops of latitude. The HVX "...not nearly ten stops". Not nearly, as in not nearly ten. Less than. As in, I'm taking a dig at the HVX for having such pitiful latitude, because it is less than ten stops.

I f-ing swear dude. Bro.

e
    Erik Olson

9. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard
    She, Jackie, is a friend of my son (not girlfriend).

Jim
    his 50% of luck..

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by D_and_G
    Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel
    Quote Originally Posted by D_and_G
    I think it's around 700 now.

I can see why (potentially) people order two - especially in a limited partnership. When is the 31st again ?

RED #'s rebel with a clue
    I already ordered my second RED ONE + 18-85mm zoom (two units) + 300mm reservations.
    I didn't know about the lenses. ;)

I like you Emanuel, but I can only take so much...Lol, mate.

That's # 38, for me (the amount of times i've watched this clip)"mmmm bubblicious" (Canadian reference)

RED #'s rebel with a clue

Actually, I'm not alone. I have some partnerships and we will looking for funds. I believe this an unique chance to any shooter in order to reserve even 'cause it's fully refundable at any time...

Jim,

I already asked you before but you probably didn't see or it isn't necessary a further information:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...8&postcount=90

It's possible to schedule the 300mm delivery to late 2007 when the 18-85mm lens will also deliver, isn't it? Please, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure yet of this need but it's not quick over here to get the funds when we need for it. So, that's a fair concern.

Grateful for your project -- now ours too.

Best,
    Emanuel

PS

We sent the fax last thursday (non-working day in my country -- day of the implementation of the Republic!) and now we're waiting for your call back. We'd like for another nice number to join the first #111 one (none of #666, alright? supersticions coming from a catholic culture...). As well, next serial numbers for the RED ZOOMs in order to guarantee all color matching as far as possible. Thanks again for listening your customers (those Nikon F and Canon mounts will be gold and an example for the other manufacturers as a profit-lesson of non-greedy, done when the clientele is satisfied: three lenses reservations are "speaking" for themselves).
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast