Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by PDX_DVX
    I'll have to email Tung to get that sweet photo of Norm eating pizza......

Norm, I've PM'd you with the URL for teh Pizza photos should you wish to post them ..... (I also included one of myself as well- although your pic is better by far!)
    MY NEW PROFILE: Ryan E. Walters

Cheers,
    Ryan E. Walters
    Director of Photography
    www.ryanewalters.com - HD Indi-Filmmaking Blog - myspace.com/ryanewalters
    Specializing in HD Digital Cinematography

2. Collapse Details
    Glad to see you're in Norm
    The behind the scenes looked great .
    Ian

3. Collapse Details
    I was like I know i couldn't have missed a Norm entry but I see this is brand new.
    YO WELCOME TO THE LAST MINUTE GANG. Now its you, me and Brandon. Today its DVXuser, tomorrow.... THE WORLD!!
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Aram Bauman
    YO WELCOME TO THE LAST MINUTE GANG. Now its you, me and Brandon. Today its DVXuser, tomorrow.... THE WORLD!!
    Whoo!!! That's right! LOL!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

5. Collapse Details
    Hmm, thanks Ryan, this one seems like a safe link to post (that way, I'm not the focus - 'sides, we've all got our mouths full at the moment - fun shot): http://www.235studios.com/rem/Pizza02.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jpbankesmercer
    Nice BTF...
    Trinity River - Tell us more....
    I know 'BTS', but what's 'BTF'?

TRINITY RIVER is a semi-gritty feature length family drama. I commissioned Jeffrey Hawley, the writer of SPARROW, to pen this one based on a story concept I had of a pastor who was struggling with balancing his family life & ministry. It's a subject that's unfortunately pretty relavent, as I know a lot of families who's loved ones are in ministry, can tend to get the short end of the stick ... or more frankly the emotional/mental left overs after that person has given all they have to others. I don't want to say it's 'common', but it does happen.

Since it's a story I'd not seen before, offered a scenario/story for some great dramatic acting, and I believe it commercially viable on a number of fronts ... I wanted to make it ASAP. First draft of the feature length is in (originally a shorter concept), and budgeting & funding is up next. Then talent attachments, crew, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine
    Hmmm...I smell a dark horse ringer, here.
    LOL, I can't believe you quoted me from that other thread! Too funny! Um, okay, so I fibbed ... we really weren't going to enter, but we had already shot by the time I made that comment. Nice catch, Blaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Rice
    Norm, your films all have a similar style, I love it. I like someone who can establish their style in films.
    Thanks Brandon. I'd be interested to hear what you thought that style was. Always cool to hear how others interpret looks, moods, etc. I think I tend to sway towards darker themes (even TRINITY RIVER), so I'd really welcome a chance for straight forward comedy, not only for a lighter theme, but warmer/brighter colors, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PDX_DVX
    And Evins apple boxes made a nice bed support.
    Yes! If anyone is ever in need of appleboxes, Evin (ecarr) makes incredible ones at an extremely reasonable price. VERY pro & well finished. He also did a great job in throwing together that bed. The house was totally unfurnished (the Dunn's haven't moved in yet), so it was great in that we didn't have to move furniture around, but we needed a bed! So Evin threw together some 2x4's, appleboxes, and an airmattress for an instant bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimothy
    And that chick is super-fly. ...
    Yep, she's easy on the lens. Aside from looks, however, she is a PHENOMENAL singer! I just had the pleasure of getting to hear her sing, and I kid you not when I say she's the best I've ever heard in person. She loves to perform, so the acting was an exciting transition/trial run for her. We'll see if she decides to pursue it further or not.

Chris, Tim, Ian, JP, Aram, and everyone else ... thanks for the kind words!
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Envision
    Thanks Brandon. I'd be interested to hear what you thought that style was. Always cool to hear how others interpret looks, moods, etc. I think I tend to sway towards darker themes (even TRINITY RIVER), so I'd really welcome a chance for straight forward comedy, not only for a lighter theme, but warmer/brighter colors, etc.

you have the chance to do that with every movie, regardless of the genre.

7. Collapse Details
    Yep, they all have a gritty feel to em' and your graphical treatment of your films is all quite similar, which puts me in a "Norm Sanders film" mode, which is good btw Graphics and stuff do change the feel and style of a film
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

8. Collapse Details
    I know 'BTS', but what's 'BTF'?
    I'd like to know the answer to that as well

TRINITY RIVER is a semi-gritty feature length family drama. I commissioned Jeffrey Hawley, the writer of SPARROW, to pen this one...
    I've had the pleasure to read this for Jeff and I can tell you it will be a great film. And being both the son of a Pastor and someone training for the ministry myself, this is definitely an area that needs to be addressed. I was fortunate that my father was always there for me and balanced home and church very well. He was my father first, then my pastor, then pastor to others. But on the flipside, it can be very easy to be swallowed up by the needs of a church, and you are so busy being righteous and a servant to the people in the church, you forget that your family are also people in the church.

I was glad when Norm first mentioned this project to me, and I've enjoyed discussing it with both him and Jeff.

Always cool to hear how others interpret looks, moods, etc. I think I tend to sway towards darker themes...
    Definitely, both the theme of your films and the visual impression is that of a dark, gritty mood. It has suited your films well and, like B-Dawg, I always know I'm watching a Sanders/Walters co-production and look forward to it.

...not only for a lighter theme, but warmer/brighter colors, etc.
    I'd also like to see you tackle this, I'd be curious how it would turn out. I'm sure it would be good, as you have definitely grown by leaps and bounds since your first entry at the ZombieFest

I'm looking forward to this film, curious to see what you guys pulled off in such a short time period. And definitely anxious to see another example of the HVX in action.

Peace,
    Larry

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynic821
    you have the chance to do that with every movie, regardless of the genre.
    You're absolutely right, unfortunately I'm just not wired that way (blame it on my childhood, lol!). There are some folks on here, whom I admire, that can take ANY genre & make it into a comedy. If I do comedy, it'll likely be a quirky Farrely Bros. style.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry R
    Definitely, both the theme of your films and the visual impression is that of a dark, gritty mood. It has suited your films well and, like B-Dawg, I always know I'm watching a Sanders/Walters co-production and look forward to it.
    Thanks, Larry. I've been fortunate enough to have Ryan always on the same page with regards to mood, tone, etc. so there's never been an issue of conflicting ideas. Although I will state he is one DARK puppy! If you guys heard the idea HE wanted to go with, you'd be sick to your stomach for sure, lol.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

10. Collapse Details
    thats not really what i meant, i mean like a horror doesnt have to be lit all dark and blue or green. It doesnt have to have any specific look to be a horror.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast