View Poll Results: What do you think the next festival should be?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Action/Adventure - fest

23 20.18%
  • Comedy - fest

36 31.58%
  • Drama - fest

19 16.67%
  • Musical - fest

9 7.89%
  • Romantic/Comedy - fest

10 8.77%
  • Christmas - fest

3 2.63%
  • Sci-Fi - fest

6 5.26%
  • Oldern Day - fest

8 7.02%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Oh, on the flip side, as far as Jarred/DVXuser would be concerned, CHRISTMAS FEST would have the most commercial viability in the short run, and even on an annual basis for DVD sales.

Seems like EVERYONE is in the mood to watch Christmas/Holiday themed films at least once a year, so gathering the top 10+ themed films in that genre would do well ... as long as they were the traditional warm fuzzy feeling ones, and not one with a zombie dressed as Santa Clause ripping the throats out of all the sleeping little children, lol. HA, the ironic thing is that I'm sure there's at least one or two filmmakers here that would do just that, if given a chance with Christmas Fest.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

2. Collapse Details
    Aperiod peice would eliminate more people than special effects. Not everyone has the resources. Action doesnt need special efects at all. Musical would be fine by me

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by khmuse
    The thing that I would like to suggest is that the entries would have the ability to opt out of the DVD so you can legitimately use guild actors.
    I don't ever see that happening ... I bet too many people would opt out of the DVD for one reason or another. The DVD sales helps to offset the cost of the bandwidth, prizes that may not be fully donated, etc.

I imagine if he WERE to offer opting out of the DVD, then there'd have to be a fair sized entry fee, making it more on par with other festivals with similar coverage/audience, etc.
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

4. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    I'm telling you... Musical.

It'd be so fun.
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi
    I'm telling you... Musical.

It'd be so fun.
    Not only that, your odds of winning would be HUGE.
    There'd be like what, seven people involved?

6. Collapse Details
    Awesome, I could use the lack of competition ... that's why I opted out of HorrorFest ... didn't stand chance against all you folks that were salivating for it!
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Envision
    I don't ever see that happening ... I bet too many people would opt out of the DVD for one reason or another. The DVD sales helps to offset the cost of the bandwidth, prizes that may not be fully donated, etc.

I imagine if he WERE to offer opting out of the DVD, then there'd have to be a fair sized entry fee, making it more on par with other festivals with similar coverage/audience, etc.
    I would be more than happy to pay an entry fee to be able to opt out of the DVD. Nearly every festival has fees, so why not the ones here (or at least for those that would choose to go that direction). With proper guild approval (which I can easily get for non commercial use), I could get some pretty serious names to work on my projects (not that our current one doesn't already have a few involved).

Again, this is just something to think about.

8. Collapse Details
    Aye, I'd be happy to pay money for the Festival to. I mean. The amount of people here who participate. Not only the fact you get to meet and talk to other people and you're experiances while shooting the same projects. You get to learn everything since everyone Is In the same boat. When there's prizes I mean, that deserves an entry fee In Itself I guess. Yet again I've never entered a Fest on here so I have absolutly no idea what the hell I'm on about I'm just bluffing myself through this post so the topic will Bump.
    KEEP YOUR SIG WITHIN 569 BY 70 PIXELS

9. Collapse Details
    ya know.. I really don't care what the next fest theme will be.

"Count me IN!!!"

(even if its a musical)

/j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

10. Collapse Details
    Romancing the Stone is a great example of a romantic comedy chock full o' action.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast