View Poll Results: What do you think the next festival should be?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Action/Adventure - fest

23 20.18%
  • Comedy - fest

36 31.58%
  • Drama - fest

19 16.67%
  • Musical - fest

9 7.89%
  • Romantic/Comedy - fest

10 8.77%
  • Christmas - fest

3 2.63%
  • Sci-Fi - fest

6 5.26%
  • Oldern Day - fest

8 7.02%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My vote an Action/Adventure/Comedy/Drama/Musical/Romantic/Comedy/Christmas/
    Sci-Fi/Oldern Day - fest

Just kidding... but now that I think about there was half of that on the remake of the Outer Limits when they brought that back..

Actually a western would be cool... I love westerns...

2. Collapse Details
    Comedy and drama were really close, but I voted for comedy because I've seen some funny pieces around here and it would be fun to see the humor everyone produces, and how easily something could be twisted to give us a good laugh.

Before you ask a question, please use the Search Function

3. Collapse Details
    People have 'joked' about a musical fest for a while, but I think it'd actually be cool to do! Getting talent that can sing, trying to choreograph it all ... it would be TOUGH, but a great experience/excercise.

I think a lot of them would probably gravitate towards comedy with that style, but it'd offer a broad mix, nonetheless.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Envision
    People have 'joked' about a musical fest for a while, but I think it'd actually be cool to do! Getting talent that can sing, trying to choreograph it all ... it would be TOUGH, but a great experience/excercise.

I think a lot of them would probably gravitate towards comedy with that style, but it'd offer a broad mix, nonetheless.
    Actually, that would be a pretty interesting and entertaining fest to watch. Especially since your right and most would go towards a comedy style with it, but even with those who went another direction, they would most likely be quite entertaining.

Before you ask a question, please use the Search Function

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryinCalifornia
    Actually a western would be cool... I love westerns...
    Spaghetti Western would be even better...then you could ADR the whole thing and not worry about matching up lip sync...

6. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    I voted for Musical. That's funny all it's own. I'd go for Horror Musical all day. But more than likely would have to drop out mid-contest due to some stupid reason that will not permit me to go through with an actual production.

7. Collapse Details
    "Oldern Day" was just a chocie I made up for Pirate, Historic, Medival, Anything before the present day related.

And I'm to stupid to remember Western. So pretend Western Is In with Oldern Day to. =P

Look's like Comedy & A/A have the most Interest so far then...
    KEEP YOUR SIG WITHIN 569 BY 70 PIXELS

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaine
    Spaghetti Western would be even better...then you could ADR the whole thing and not worry about matching up lip sync...
    I would be all over a Spaghetti West Fest... even has a nice ring to it.

9. Collapse Details
    I'd almost lien the furthest away from action/adventure, just because in all the past fests that seems to be the dominent tone that filmmakers have gone with (ZombieFest, SciFest, HeroFest, and I'm confident HorrorFest will have a lot of it as well).

Forcing people to do comedy, or romance, musical, etc. ... would push most filmmakers out of their preferred elements & encourages more growth & stretching in the craft, IMO.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

10. Collapse Details
    Please, anything other than a musical!

How about a coming of age story? I have a lot of teen actors, including names available, so that would make casting very easy for me.

The thing that I would like to suggest is that the entries would have the ability to opt out of the DVD so you can legitimately use guild actors. There is no contract that allows guild actors to work on something that has commercial DVD use (even being sold for enough just to cover costs of the DVD is considered commercial use) without incurring fairly large costs and royalties (and somehow I doubt that we can get an accounting on the sales that is verifiable enough to satisfy the guild).

I have used union actors on both the of the contests that I have worked on, but I always feel bad asking them to do something that jeopardizes their careers.

Just something to think about.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast