Thread: Glimpse

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Collapse Details
    Actually no mini-35 was on there, just stock lens and stock DVX100 (non a or B)

Thanks for enjoying the slasherness of it!

------------
    Dave
    Fear and Loathing in Raleigh, NC
    ------------
    www.vimeo.com/greeches
    www.youtube.com/greeches

------------
    "Art of seduction, Alcohol introduction."
    "A man who looks where he walks, never steps in sh*t."

2. Collapse Details
    Wow Dave, your work on this movie clip is inspiring, to me. I'm in the process of getting my first DV camera so I can shoot some short movies, so I'm a complete beginner where DV shooting is concerned.. I write and have written screenplays, but I've never shot anything myself.

I know a lot of people said the pacing was too slow, at the beginning, but I think it was dead on. Even though I knew something bad was going to happen to that girl, the slow pace at the beginning allowed me to relax, then tense up a bit, then outright shock at the stabbing scene. The stabbing scene caused me to involuntarily jump back from my monitor. As someone who loves horror when it's done well.. who's tired of the victimized woman in boring, gratuitous slasher movies, that last scene got to me. Great job!

Visually, I loved this clip. However, I have to agree about the lack of a story. It would've been more impactful if we were given a reason to care about this woman... maybe throw in a shot or two of her talking on her cell phone with her fiance, spouse or her child... maybe shopping for a wedding gown, etc. This would give a sense of how horrible it is when a life is interrupted by random violence. This would cause the viewer to be able to relate more to the victim more.

I only hope that when I do get my DVX100a and start shooting, my shots are as good as yours.

3. Collapse Details
    The film would have been more believable if she went to Lilly's Pizza instead! Haha, only kidding. I could tell it was Glenwood from the still. Great use of the location. Excellent work for just 4 hours of effort.

I didn't know Graham worked on this (soundtrack wise) I am a friend of his, I'll have to kick him in the knee next time I see him for not mentioning it!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567