Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I actually don't own this setup so I'm not too sure on the prices. But from seeing the images, the lenses work very very well. I've come to realize that renting is better for me than owning. It gets too expensive, too fast. I think ebay would be the best place to see what some of those lenses are going for.

Here are a few before and afters like you requested. Just remember, the post processing look I went after is one I think suits the feel of the film. It will be different for everyone else. But you can use these for reference. Also, some of the shots are flashbacks. That's why they are desaturated more than others. Hope these help!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

2. Collapse Details
    ....and the originals still look amazing.

3. Collapse Details
    Crushed blacks desaturated colors coupled with film grain is my favorite look. Moody, noir like imagery (...slobber, drool, slobber, slobber...)

Stills Shmills, show us a clip!

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks alot for taking the time to post these before and afters! That was really awesome of you! I was curious , as well as probably others, about just how much was done in post to the images, mainly because it seems with the NLE's these stunning , brilliant images are attainable by even us trolls here on the boards always looking for ways to make the footage we have look even better!

Thanks again for the pics!

5. Collapse Details
    oh yeah... btw... thats the TJ border :P

i know cause i cross it every weekend when i visit my folks
    and that arch is the one that says "tijuana" on it... lol

just thought i'd correct you, since you said mexicali.

ANYWAYS.... i love the way you color corrected everything. its damn amazing, seriously.
    David Lopez
    Director/Writer

Crazy Ramblings of an Aspiring Filmmaker - Blog

6. Collapse Details
    Original vs post is really terrific. Our team was debating the M2 purchase, this seals the deal. I appreciate you taking the time to post and answer our questions. You were able to maximize the capabilities...well done!

7. Collapse Details
    man.... the actress chick is stunningly hawt

you did the editing/CC in FCP? (I havent read this whole long ass thread, sorry)

8. Collapse Details
    looks hot! would be great to see some of this in motion.
    .“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose” -C. Bukowski
    keep it moving.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by klausvelka
    oh yeah... btw... thats the TJ border :P

i know cause i cross it every weekend when i visit my folks
    and that arch is the one that says "tijuana" on it... lol

just thought i'd correct you, since you said mexicali.
    There's a similar arch in Mexicali, which is where presario said he shot it. SO THERE.

Suddenly, though, I'm wondering if there's a similar arch in EVERY Mexican border town. If there's one thing I think we lack in American cities, it's impressive city monuments. European-style roundabouts. Let's get our act together, people!

Commercial and Creative Director at Psychic Bunny, a hybrid media studio in sunny Los Angeles, California.

Producer, Cement Suitcase ( feature film )
    Writer/Director/Producer, Dead Drop ( BetrayalFest finalist ) – "A very cool, slick and well done short."
    Producer, The Echo Game ( feature film ) - "There is never a dull moment..."
    Ex. Producer, Coma, Period. ( web series ) - "...few things in web video are done as well as they are in Coma, Period."

@TheSpiceEffect on TwitterIMDb

10. Collapse Details
    Great looking footage dude. I love the crispness of the focused areas. I am planning on shooting a feature in April 2007 with an HVX and Brevis35 and am excited by your grabs.

I do notice the little bit of noise on the blurred parts but I'm guessing its like that for all adapters on still grabs. My grabs from a low light shoot I'm doing with a Brevis35 exhibit the same noise or grain and my grabs look similar but with a DVX as yo ucan see here.
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=61804

I know most of the noise is because I was using a 75watt softlight to light the talent and it wasnt enough for the backgrounds but it seems that adapters just accent it. I also am shooting through a colored filter between the DVX and Brevis35 so that might be contributing also.

Also, how much did you pay for the lighting truck?
    Can't wait to see some more grabs man, rock on.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast