1. Collapse Details
    HDCAM SR recorder
    I think an HDCAM SR recorder would be great for archiving your RED footage. 4K at 24fps after REDCODE compression is 224Mb/s. HDCAM SR tape is 440Mb/s.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AuditoryVisuals
    I think an HDCAM SR recorder would be great for archiving your RED footage. 4K at 24fps after REDCODE compression is 224Mb/s. HDCAM SR tape is 440Mb/s.

Or 880Mb/s if you record HQ instead of SQ

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AuditoryVisuals
    Doesn't that still limit you to a 1920x1080 image though?
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

www.jarek.com
    Red Weapon 8K

4. Collapse Details
    It is a video recorder (MPEG 4 studio profile). It will record 1920x1080 Log video or linear video but it will not record DPX files or other common data formats. But the next version which is a year away will playback dpx files.

The studio recorder is a pretty pricey machine $90/100K and then you need to put the cards in it. the
    Format converter, Digibeta decoder, RGB interface,3/2 pull down board, Digibeta playback, RGB HD SDI Dual Link interface..... and it will only do 440Mbps (600Mbps with audio).

As mentioned
    there is a 2 times speed record mode (on the portable unit) will record RGB signals at 880 Mbps its intended for digital intermediate ingest from an SRW1 playback to a system server

And the tape is about $100 per hour (the 124min is over $300)