Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Final Cut Pro 5.1.2
    Mike Curtis of HD For Indies says there's a new version of Final Cut Pro. He says it has support for Canon 24f and 30f deinterlaced frame rates.

Take a look at it here.

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    But it is still word of mouth, not official yet. But I bet it's coming with even more enhancements.

3. Collapse Details
    It's official now.

-Nate

MAKE YOUR MOVIE NOW!

Writer/Director/Producer/Editor/Composer/Prop Master/Action Hero
    Canon T3i/Apple Final Cut Studio 2/After Effects CS3/Action Essentials 2/Garageband 4.1.2

The Fourth Beast-2003 | Wages of Sin -2007 | Epitaph: Bread and Salt -2011

4. Collapse Details
    It's official? Is it still going to use mov wrappers. I want to go fcs so bad, but I am from the drop it on the timeline and edit world. No convert. no render to view transitions or effects. I want it to have that so bad. Then it will definitely be worth the 1500 dollars more for the macpro/fcs setup over the dell precision/Edius setup.
    Jason

5. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    It takes a few short moments to import a full FS-100, and I never had to render transitions or effects. I'm still not sure what putting P2 data in a QuickTime wrapper does to degrade anything. All the metadata is still there, quality doesn't change, I just don't understand why the QT wrapper is so evil. Can someone please explain it to me?

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Ok, Larry Jordan made it official enough for me. This from his latest free subscription newsletter:

Paul Saccone, Senior Manager, Pro Apps Marketing, and he sent me the following email:
    At IBC this week we demonstrated Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 -- a maintenance release that provides compatibility with a variety of cameras and devices as well as a significant number of stability and reliability improvements that customers have requested. Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 will be available via Software Update for registered users of Final Cut Pro 5.1 within the next 30 days.
    Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 includes RT profiles for the latest Apple Mac Pro and iMac hardware.
    This release provides the following format compatibility:

* SONY XDCAM HD: Adding 1080 25P and support for native 18- and 35 Mbit VBR MPEG HD. Support now includes
    o 1080i 50/60, 1080p 24/25/30
    o Native 25 Mbit CBR, 18- and 35 Mbit VBR MPEG HD for HD
    o Native IMX 30 for SD
    * PANASONIC: 720 25P from P2 devices. Support now includes
    - 1080i 50/60, 720p 24/24N/25/25N/30 form P2 cards
    * PANASONIC: 1080pA 24 (Advanced Pulldown) now supported via FireWire from AJ-HD1200A
    * PANASONIC: more reliable P2 import dialog with ability browser, mark, and ingest in the background.
    * CANON: 1080p 24/25 HDV
    * JVC: 720p 24/25 HDV

Other stability and reliability improvements include:
    * Scope and Monitors. Improved accuracy; scopes can now sample every video line. Scopes will also update in real-time during video playback.
    * BWF compatibility
    * Improved edit-to-tape accuracy for D5
    * Compatibility with insert editing to audio channels 5-12 on decks
    * Now compatible with some FxPlug filters
    * Gamma control for imported graphics
    * Media Manager is now more reliable
    * EDL and Cinema Tools lists
    * XML for developers
    * Metadata preservation in QT files

We shipped XDCAM HD support shortly after NAB with Final Cut Pro 5.1.1. All that's required is the 5.1.1 update and Sony's XDCAM Transfer software (free).
    There's a white paper that articulates the XDCAM HD workflow available at:
    http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/resources

Larry: For me, while the additional HD formats are good news, especially the PAL formats, the exciting news are chagnes to scopes and media manager. Finally, video scopes now sample every line, rather than only 16, and they display in real-time! AND, Apple has started to make Media Manager more reliable. This is GREAT!

7. Collapse Details
    So, no 30f from Canon? Oh well, at least we got 24f. I guess should be Final Cut Pro 6. That should be 100% up to date and compatible with pretty well everything. But this is a great NLE for now.

8. Collapse Details
    Also shown at IBC:

-- support for Motion's FxPlug real-time plug-ins
    -- P2 import now grabs more information (XML) about clips
    -- P2 import now grabs subclips, with more information

The release will appear in your Software Update within 30 days.

Still no scriptability.

9. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    I have a theory Apple is holding back for the release of Leopard. It will have a totally new graphics engine that handles all graphics, including video, in a whole new and amazing way. But, that's just a theory.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by BenB
    I have a theory Apple is holding back for the release of Leopard. It will have a totally new graphics engine that handles all graphics, including video, in a whole new and amazing way. But, that's just a theory.
    So, according to your theory, Apple could release Final Cut Pro 6 in the spring?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast