Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    cmos cmos does it answer your question?..

2. Collapse Details
    Yeah. Which other camera in existence at this price range (or any other?) has 3 CMOS chips? Its worht having a look at, in the very least.

3. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    sure

this hateagainst anythingis childish.. i'm a "pana lover"and so on..what's this? do you sleep with the owner?

or are you a stock holder?..i thought here it was just filmmakers..
    i just hate ugly gals
    Last edited by filmmaker1977; 09-08-2006 at 10:04 PM. Reason: that bold "t"

4. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member

5. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member

6. Collapse Details
    Frankly, my opinion is that Sony's prosumer camcorders are just ordinary compared to the likes of Panasonic or even Canon or JVC. I'm not impressed by the V1E at all. In my opinion, Sony's playing catch-up with the other players like Panasonic, Canon, JVC. For eg, the DVX is a 2, 3 year old camera, but still commands a lot of respect from videographers/budget filmakers. I don't trust Sony technology anymore. Just look at recent examples of Sony's BMG who deceivingly put rootkits in their music CDs/DVDs some years back which resulted in costly lawsuits & bad, bad publicity. Or Apple's laptops that had to be recalled because batteries manufactured by Sony exploded & caught fire.

Sony has a knack for inventing their own "proprietary" standards (like memory stick) & insisting that vendors embrace their standards when they can follow & use existing standards that are already in wide use, like SD or compact flash for eg.

What do you all think about Sony as a company? These are just my thoughts.

7. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    What does it matter? It's not AVC-HD which, I'm guessing, a alot of people were suspecting.

I'm still on-board the Canon A1/G1 wagon until I see footage and a price for this cam and any other that arrives. At the very least, there's a strong idea that the A1/G1 will have the same image as the XLH1, which is a very good HD image.

We'll see when it arrives. Where's the MSRP, anyway?
    Last edited by Kholi; 09-08-2006 at 09:03 PM.
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

8. Collapse Details
    People, People. What does it matter what Sony does, as a company? As long as my camera is affordable, and gives a good image, as a film-maker isnt that all I am interested in?

Our loyalties should be with great film-making, and whatever gives us that. If we have to switch, so be it...

9. Collapse Details
    Exactly.

Many of us were die-hard Sony users before the DVX came along.

I personally have expressed dismay at the direction Sony as a company is headed in, because I think they're one of the greatest brands in the history of commerce and they've produced some phenomenal products before. It's disappointing to see them make mistake after mistake, losing market share (and money hand over fist) pursuing a DRM/proprietary strategy at all costs. And I sincerely hope they pull their heads out of their rumps and stop that.

But hey, with this new V1, at least they're *finally* offering progressive scan. That's a good sign. Maybe they're going to get back in the game. That's good for all of us.

10. Collapse Details
    My friend took some pictures of the Sony V1E:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast