Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    sure fugitive.. hv1 not fx7! who cares consumer stuff barry?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green
    It's 1/4". The Camcorderinfo interview said 1/4" (not that that's exactly authoritative) but then the published specifications for field of view match with what you'd get from 1/4".
    Sony has a history of getting our hopes up and then slaming the crude reality in our faces.

3. Collapse Details
    As I said, we dont really know about the HV1 yet Rafa. Barry is talking about the FX-7, which is a consumer cam anyway, so nobody is selling their FX1 for an FX-7 for indi-film-making.

4. Collapse Details
    Not confirmed so I can be wrong on the 1/3 " size thing, I only know the processor that is in the HDR HC3E , ( that is 1/3 ") and for the FX-7 I read they processed a 'new CMOS processor' they do not say that for the V1.

Normally I am accurate but during this IBC hiss I can be wrong, we need to see.
    Look outside...Do you see noise?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugitive
    As I said, we dont really know about the HV1 yet Rafa. Barry is talking about the FX-7, which is a consumer cam anyway, so nobody is selling their FX1 for an FX-7 for indi-film-making.
    There is zero possibility of the chips being any different. These are the identical same hardware (FX7 and V1E), just like the VX2000/PD150, VX2100/PD170, TRV900/PD100, PC7/PD1, HC1/A1U, and every other time that Sony has done a consumer/prosumer version of the same product. The lens/chips/dsp/everything has always been the same between those models; only the audio connector and menu items are different.

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    c'mon people.. if this is the guy who is saying: 1/4" and end of story.. sony sucks.. canon rules..

7. Collapse Details
    You can't just say that though, because this is CMOS instead of CCD. Until we see it side by side, you can't just use a blanket statement to say "CMOS at 1/4" isn't as good as 1/3" CCD" because we don't necessarily know that.

1/3" CCD from the PD150 was way better than 1/3" CCD on the VX1000. It's *possible* that 1/4" CMOS on the Sony will be better than 1/3" CCD on the Canon. I don't expect that to be the case, but until we see the footage we're all just talking about hypotheticals anyway.

8. Collapse Details
    True. Got to see it to believe it...

9. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green
    You can't just say that though, because this is CMOS instead of CCD. Until we see it side by side, you can't just use a blanket statement to say "CMOS at 1/4" isn't as good as 1/3" CCD" because we don't necessarily know that.

1/3" CCD from the PD150 was way better than 1/3" CCD on the VX1000. It's *possible* that 1/4" CMOS on the Sony will be better than 1/3" CCD on the Canon. I don't expect that to be the case, but until we see the footage we're all just talking about hypotheticals anyway.
    thx you are still the king anyway even outside your territoire..

10. Collapse Details
    i dont know why anybody is interested in theses cams. From what I have read, they offer no new features that other cams do not already achieve.

The ONLY way I would be interested in this cam is if it had 2/3" CCDs.

Sony is Crap, thats right I said it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast