Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    can anyone reccomend me a reliable, panasonic authorized reseller online? i understnad that if I purchase an hvx now i get an 8gb p2 card free.

2. Collapse Details
    Abel Cine Tech, Roscor, DVW, ProMedia, Spec-Comm, B&H, EVS, AVS, all sorts of internet dealers. Read the sticky guide on where/how to buy an HVX for lots of recommendations.

3. Collapse Details
    What do you guys feel about this dbuys place? $4600. I always feel the stores featured on cnet are pretty reputable, no?
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_AG...42.html?tag=bc
    Real Eyes Realize The Real Lies

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by davidpula
    What do you guys feel about this dbuys place? $4600. I always feel the stores featured on cnet are pretty reputable, no?
    One of the things mentioned in this thread, and very often in other threads is to check resellerratings.com. It's not a 100% accurate way to predict the outcome of your own possible buying experience, but it does give a glimpse into how others have felt after purchasing something. It is therefore a very good way to judge a store of which one has no previous knowledge. http://www.resellerratings.com/store/IbuyDigital

5. Collapse Details
    This is below dealer cost. Take that for what it's worth. No authorized dealer worth giving your money to should sell a hot item below cost.

Quote Originally Posted by davidpula
    Shawn Tallard
    Full Compass Systems

6. Collapse Details
    I attempted ordering an HVX from spec-comm.com and was very disappointed with their service. First off, you can't place an order from the website, I had to call to have an invoice emailed to me, sign it, fax it back, and then email my credit card information. This was a couple days ago. I emailed them the next day asking if they received everything and when my item would ship and didn't receive a response. So I called today and they told me it was sold out and they wouldn't be able to get one to me for weeks.
    I bought an HVX from them, but just gave them my card number over the phone. It seems the reputable dealers are all priced about the same on the HVX, but Spec-Comm was throwing in 2 batteries on top of the 8G card deal. That deal worked fine, though returning my DOA Firestore battery has been a major pain (thanks mostly to UPS).

I gotta say that for most equipment though, I price around on the web and then call Tommy Mack at EVS -- he usually comes in lower (over the phone) than anyone's advertised price, and is an awesome, friendly guy to work with.
    Kevin McKeever | Director of Photography and Editor | www.image-generation.com
    Sony FS7, Canon L lenses, full lighting and audio packages

7. Collapse Details
    Member With Answers
    Quote Originally Posted by vidled
    One of the things mentioned in this thread, and very often in other threads is to check resellerratings.com. It's not a 100% accurate way to predict the outcome of your own possible buying experience, but it does give a glimpse into how others have felt after purchasing something. It is therefore a very good way to judge a store of which one has no previous knowledge. http://www.resellerratings.com/store/IbuyDigital
    And speaking of Reseller Ratings, one well-known bait-and-switch outfit (BestPriceCameras) has something on their site saying they are five-star rated by RatingsPlanet. That left me somewhat bewildered and confused, so I decided to look into RatingsPlanet. Once there I found that BestPriceCameras has significantly better (but brief) reviews on that site than B&H!

I would not be surprised if RatingsPlanet was set up specifically to counter the overwhelmingly negative real reviews on ResellerRatings.

8. Collapse Details
    Thank you to Torsten for bringing to our attention that Bestpricecameras.com is using our name without permission in a posting for a P2 drive. The tacticts of grey market "dealers" never cease to amaze me.

As for ratingsplanet, I have heard the exact same thing. They post falsified feedback to make bait-and-switch outfits look more desireable. Broadway photo and bestpricecameras are the worst offenders in the market (imho) yet they have gleeming reviews on ratingsplanet. Coinsidence I think not.
    Shawn Tallard
    Full Compass Systems

9. Collapse Details
    I had a very positive experience dealing with Andrew at spec-comm... Andrew has personal experience with the gear and could answer my questions easily. They worked with me to put a sizeable order together and get it shipped to me on tight time constraints - thumbs up for spec-comm!

10. Collapse Details
    Well, I purchased my HVX-200 on Feb. 14 from Julian @ Audio Video Supply (www.avsupply.com).

They are an authorized Panasonic dealer in San Diego, and I got the camera for $4,805 including shipping. $4,775 + $30 shipping. That's all I bought there.

Julian is admittedly not an expert with the camera, but why does he need to be? I found everything that I needed to know on here. He was very nice, very professional, and very willing to help.

I think the days are numbered for HVX-200 cameras for over $5,000.

From B&H, I bought the following:
    - Bogen 503/351 head/legs set for $495.
    - B+W UV MRC filter for $105.
    - 4 year Mack Pro Warranty (for camera under $5000) for $199.
    - Kata DVG-51 Camera Glove for $150 (not shipping yet).

Obviously, not everyone is sold on a Mack Warranty, however for those who *are* interested in Mack, I have a good tip there too:

Keep in mind, the beauty of my purchasing the camera for *under* $5,000 is that the Mack Pro Warranty was only $199 vs. $299 since their cutoff for the $199 warranty is $5,000 even. I called Mack and they confirmed that their warranty is based not on the retail price, but for the price that you actually paid for the camera...so, someone who paid $5,001 would actually have to buy the $299 warranty, and someone who paid $4,999 would only have to buy the $199 warranty. So, why pay over $5,000???

No hard feelings to the other vendors on here...I was merely shopping for the best price from an authorized dealer.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast