Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    HVX200 & Heathrow Airport....
    I'm sure that many of you will be aware that there has been a major security upgrade at UK airports. I'm due to fly to India (Delhi) next week and was wondering if anybody can acually confirm that they've been able to take an HVX as hand luggage?
    Cheers

Indy....

2. Collapse Details
    Have the same question for
    Amsterdam > Schiphol
    and Chicago USA
    Do they accept a 1510 or/and 1600 Pelican?

Arno

3. Collapse Details
    I read somewhere that they had to check their camera bag and carry on the HVX by itself.
    If I find where I read that I'll post the link.
    --==Kevin==--
    Kevin J Railsback
    Silver Phoenix,LLC
    HD Naturally Blog

"The River" wins the 2009 Gold Eddy at the Cedar Rapids Independent Film Festival. Watch it HERE.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ture
    I read somewhere that they had to check their camera bag and carry on the HVX by itself.
    Although far from perfect it would be preferabled to either having the choice of in the hold or leave it in the box provided =8O

If you could find the link I'd appreciate it.
    Cheers

Indy....

5. Collapse Details
    I think your best bet to be sure is to call the airline you're flying and talk to them directly.
    --==Kevin==--
    Kevin J Railsback
    Silver Phoenix,LLC
    HD Naturally Blog

"The River" wins the 2009 Gold Eddy at the Cedar Rapids Independent Film Festival. Watch it HERE.

6. Collapse Details
    I've sort of done that in similar circumstances and found what the person on the phone says and what the checkin people say is usually different. A "Well the customer service people assured me I could take it as hand baggage" get a <FX:Shrug> "In the hold/ leave it behind or don't fly.... choice is yours buddy"
    Cheers

Indy....

7. Collapse Details
    I was very lucky, flying through London from London on July 18 before it all began. Even then, BA was very strict on hand-baggage and the only way I got the HVX plus a separate carry on with laptop on board was the fact that I was flying business class. Bottom line here is that it all depends upon the ticket counter agent and then upon the gate agent. Personally, I would now only travel with a camera in a Pelican or similar case in the event it needed to be checked. Heard a horror story locally about AA and two betacams taken from someone on a regional jet. She watched as local baggage handlers put them gently in the nose of the plane and watched in Knoxville, TN as the handlers deliberately threw each bag from plane to baggage cart. One camera was totally destroyed and one suffered a broken lens. Final word-- if I were going somewhere to shoot and had the luxury of bidget and availability, I would rent a camera at destination.

Ned Soltz

8. Collapse Details
    Or, I'd look at shipping the camera to your destination if that's possible too.
    --==Kevin==--
    Kevin J Railsback
    Silver Phoenix,LLC
    HD Naturally Blog

9. Collapse Details
    I just dislike checking this type of valuable equipment.

I recently read that the airlines lose bodies/caskets all the time.

Now how do you do that?

10. Collapse Details
    If you called your airline, and got green light, do like Ned said,bring it in a pelicase (1510) for the case that you cant take it hand luggage, and if that works, take A LOT of time for check in, i nearly lost my flight last time (before london-events), cause they checked HVX and laptop very well with a special tnt machine...so good luck for the flight to india!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast