1. Collapse Details
    Please help - simple animatic sequence.
    Hi All.
    I need to put together a simple animatic sequence tomorrow for a production company. Mostly it'll consist of cross dissolves between drawings. Occasionally, though, I'll need to do a simple movement of a piece of a drawing (i.e. the person's head turns to the left or right). This, too, can be a cross dissolve, but would involve having just that portion of the drawing as a separate image with an alpha channel (I assume this is correct?).
    I'll be cutting in FCP.
    My question is, is creating the cutout image easiest in Photoshop? Do I need to concern myself with square vs. rectangular pixels?
    This will be a PAL project most likely.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. It's most appreciated.

travis
    It's all in the reflexes.

2. Collapse Details
    generally speaking, photoshop is the best program for prepping any static images. Most compositing programs will accept alpha channels or even PSD format files for transparency. Photoshop also has preset sizes for DV and such when you make new documents. Yes, you should concern yourself with the pixel aspect ratio. But from photoshop CS on, it is in the presets, you simply make sure the aspect ratio is DV .9 non-square (or whatever it is called) then, when workin in photoshop, you turn on pixel aspect correction, so that you don't have to look at a stretched image.

hope this helps!
    -----
    stephanfleet.com

3. Collapse Details
    Tnank you!
    It's all in the reflexes.

4. Collapse Details
    truly for having great photos Photoshop is the best and for animetic some good animetic tools are available